Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

I think you should be fine once you're a 3 day camper. The majority of tickets sold are 3 day campers, but I wouldn't expect everyone to be there by 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

It depends..If you like madness and being up all night for 3 nights then go early and be in the first camp-site.All the eager young wans get there early.

If you like some sleep and a bit of quiet at night then wait off and go later until the first campsite is full and go to the overflow campsite..

If you do this then you will have way more room, get way more sleep and not kill yourself falling over guide lines or have anybody fall on your tent.

Do not camp near the toilets or at the bottom of a hill.. Do not camp near a foot path. Travel light, If you have a lot of stuff and are driving bring a wheelbarrow..Much easier than makeing 3 trips to the car.

Here endith the lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

The over flow campsite is for losers.... No fun there at all....You'll a space handy enough on friday... if your there at a reasonable time

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Ahh..You will learn my young Jedi friend...you will learn

Reminds me of the story about the two bulls

Two bulls, one young and full of enthusiasm, and the other older and wiser, see a herd of cows.
    The young bull says, "Let's charge down this hillside and ride one of those cows."
    The old bull replies, "No, how about we stroll gently down this hillside and ride them all."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Hi guys, I'm from Galway and there's 3 of us that want to get tickets to two day camping for this pronto! the only thing is buses are hard to find out. I was in contact with kellys travel, and they said they'd sort out buses with ten or more people no problem.

Are there people looking to go on the saturday and come home the monday?

Cuvemusic,
    Is there any arrangements for people travelling from Galway. I know Kellys have been in contact with you, but I dont know where we are all standing. If you had any recommendations, I would love to here them. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

Hi N1nja. We don't look after the travel side of things I'm afraid. I can't really recommend anything to you at this point. I'll have a word tonight and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Hi N1nja. We don't look after the travel side of things I'm afraid. I can't really recommend anything to you at this point. I'll have a word tonight and see if anyone else has any ideas.

yeah I understand that totally! But I was wondering in the http://indiependencefestival.com/?page_id=6 'getting there' section where you have links to buseireann etc, is there anyway you can link kellys transport or something for galway goers? There's only three of my friends heading from galway at the moment and I'm sure there are other people in the same boat as us!

it would be a great help for Glaway people.

I udnerstand if ye can't though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Do you have to buy a ticket for the carpark ? or does your camping ticket cover it ?

threein99 wrote: »
    Do you have to buy a ticket for the carpark ? or does your camping ticket cover it ?
    You need to buy a parking ticket also.

N1nja - we'll be adding them to the website tonight/tomorrow.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 JayoA

How much is the parking ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

niallers1 wrote: »
    It depends..If you like madness and being up all night for 3 nights then go early and be in the first camp-site.All the eager young wans get there early.

If you like some sleep and a bit of quiet at night then wait off and go later until the first campsite is full and go to the overflow campsite..

Here endith the lesson.

I'll take the 3 nights of waking madness please! At my age I really should be looking for a good nights sleep but I don't seem to be maturing at the normal rate...!!!

You need to buy a parking ticket also.

N1nja - we'll be adding them to the website tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks so much! I was checking out buses from buseireann, it's an absolute nightmare, between stops and changes it take 5-6 hours from Galway

Greatly appreciated.

Laura :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

JayoA wrote: »
    How much is the parking ticket?

Tenner, you can get them on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

threein99 wrote: »
    Tenner, you can get them on ticketmaster
    No booking fee if you buy tickets with Tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The website doesn't seem to offer much info with regards to getting to the festival.

From Dublin, is it a case of getting the train to cork and then a bus to Mitchelstown?

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    The website doesn't seem to offer much info with regards to getting to the festival.

From Dublin, is it a case of getting the train to cork and then a bus to Mitchelstown?

Yes, that would be your best bet. Or bus it straight to Mitchelstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Yes, that would be your best bet. Or bus it straight to Mitchelstown?

Aircoach it to Mitchelstown or get a normal bus, reckon it would be quicker than train and bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Any idea what the story is with drinks?
    Do they stop you bringing beer into the main area the way they do at Oxegen and EP?

Edit: never mind. Read back through thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

So will there be a ticket giveaway on boards, same as on FB and twitter?? I have my ticket but would love the chance to win a ticket for my sis:)

This is no lie, we have actually exhausted our giveaway tickets. We give away more than any other festival in Ireland. If a pair make their way into my hands I promise they'll make it to Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

This is no lie, we have actually exhausted our giveaway tickets. We give away more than any other festival in Ireland. If a pair make their way into my hands I promise they'll make it to Boards.

Ok thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

[guilt]That's a shame, considering how much exposure the festival has received from being here.[/guilt]

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Is there anywhere local around Mitchelstown where tickets can be bought or are they only available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

fermoyboy wrote: »
    Is there anywhere local around Mitchelstown where tickets can be bought or are they only available online?

Available from the dry cleaners half way down the town on the right I think.

Try Fermoy Carry out, Mitchelstown Post Office or the dry cleaners in the Tesco Car Park in Mitchelstown.

For any meteor customers who haven't bought a ticket yet, you can get €10 off a 3 day camping though the Meteor Goodie Bag website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 turkey46

For any meteor customers who haven't bought a ticket yet, you can get €10 off a 3 day camping though the Meteor Goodie Bag website.
    Any idea will that offer remain up until the date of the festival? I won't know if i'm going until sometime next week.

Doesn't say anything about a closing date but I think it's buy online only so i doubt you'd be able to get a discount ticket at the box office.

David McSavage appears to be headlining the comedy tent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

David McSavage appears to be headlining the comedy tent :)

Get there earlier and you can heckle me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Damn! Only heard about this recently and got tickets to Prince for the 30th. Would love to have seen the Editors, maybe you guys will get them next year:) been hearing a lot of good things about this festival so will definitely check it out for next yeat, line-up looks pretty good!

Advertisement