Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

What is the ground like for Campervans? And is the area close to the main arena?

I know there's electric hookup and disposible toilet area but just wondering what the ground and location is like...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

stevire wrote: »
    What is the ground like for Campervans? And is the area close to the main arena?

I know there's electric hookup and disposible toilet area but just wondering what the ground and location is like...?

Hi Stevire,

Last year anyway the ground was rock solid and all tents and campervans were less than 100 yards from the main arena, it genuinely is a small but lively festival.

This year may be slightly different but Curve Music will answer you that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

The site itself is a rock to be fair to it. The ground will be fine for campervans. After last week's rain the whole site was pretty much bone dry after about 6 hours. We're blessed in that respect.As anyone who was present in 09 on a different site will testify, it'sa much different prospect.

The campervan area is less than a 30 second walk to the arena. There's much more onsite this year than there was last year, but all we've really done is expand the campsite into last year's overflow and make last year's car park into this years family area, campervan area and car park in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Matt88

Is it sold out curve music?

Tickets.IE Says there are no 3 day camping tickets left:mad:

Please tell me there is just a problem with the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

On the day by day lineup for the silent stage is says that no one has been confirmed between 7 and 9 on sat and sun, is that still the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Matt88 wrote: »

Keep trying Matt, I think it will sell out so anyone hanging on the decision should get online. I got mine earlier, cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from Facebook:
    INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    Hi Campers, we had a little glitch in the matrix earlier but tickets are back on sale again! In other news, Accuweather is showing 0.00mm of rain for next weekend! Sweet!!!

can still get tickets on ticketmaster anyway, although obviously tickets.ie is preferable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Matt88

Sorted so. The weather looks very promising too

Day tickets now onsale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Day tickets now onsale.

How much are they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

How much are they?

42.50 i think...

will there definitely not be anywhere at the festival showing sport?
    stupid GAA putting the football matches on this weekend :mad:

i would go to the town to watch it but one of the acts i most want to see is playing in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I ordered a car park ticket, it says its for friday. As I'm camping i assume that works for saturday and sunday right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

The firgrove hotel is a ten min walk at most from site, town another five...don't know about within d venue, doubt it...

i would go to the town to watch it but one of the acts i most want to see is playing in the middle of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Sorted so. The weather looks very promising too

Sssshhhhh dont tempt fate

glanman wrote: »
    The firgrove hotel is a ten min walk at most from site, town another five...don't know about within d venue, doubt it...

yeah, was going to head down there but really want to see one of the acts who's playing in the middle of the match, and it's not worth it going if i'll just be able to catch the first 5/last 5mins of it. :(

I ordered a car park ticket, it says its for friday. As I'm camping i assume that works for saturday and sunday right?
    Course.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

Just a few questions about the 12:00 to 15:00 slot in the silent stage.. What is Soccer Saturday? and who is saying Sunday Mass?

Soccer Saturday is Italia 90/USA 94 games. Sunday mass is Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Says it on their webpage:
    Q. Will you be showing any sporting events?

A. No, there will be no sporting events shown but there are numerous places locally to view. Our Silent Disco this year encompasses a number of big screens where you can watch some of Ireland’s past sporting events though we’re not saying which ones.
    http://indiependencefestival.com/?page_id=541

• Advertisement

yeah, but they don't update the website much, so was hoping they might have changed their minds, or might put it on in the cinema tent or something :p

might see if i can watch it on my phone on the rte site :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

So anyone recommend any lesser known artists that we should keep our ears peeled for this weekend? Was great discovering a few new ones last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

So anyone recommend any lesser known artists that we should keep our ears peeled for this weekend? Was great discovering a few new ones last year

BATS are playing on the Sunday night. Always worth checking out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sadly i shall not be going this year :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Some of the local Cork bands usually do really well.. Zombie Computer should be brilliant. Ditto Gatchaiocht, a new funk band, The Gold Standard, Suede Halo and Toy Soldier. Check out the Cyprus stage friday, basically. Should be good all day long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

really really pissed off im missing this, seems like a brilliant festival to head to, and at such a good time of the year aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Heya, just wondering if anyone can help me! Are you able to buy a ticket on the grounds or do you have to buy them online? I'm wondering about both camping tickets and parking tickets. Cheers for any help given.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

Slow Motion Heroes - Cyprus Avenue Stage, Sunday @ 18:30...

I went to see them a month or so back in the Half Moon Cork and they are brilliant. Music is great and the lead singer really puts on a good show. A few friends had been telling me about them for ages and I was very impressed when I did eventually see them...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

Maybe CurveMusic can answer this....

I've got a 2-day ticket but turns out I can go on Friday now so need a 3-day. Is there anyway I can upgrade the ticket at the box office when I get there? Or do I have to find someone to swap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Maybe CurveMusic can answer this....

I've got a 2-day ticket but turns out I can go on Friday now so need a 3-day. Is there anyway I can upgrade the ticket at the box office when I get there? Or do I have to find someone to swap?

I saw someone ask the same on facebook and you can swap it there at the office,just pay the difference.

Advertisement