Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

LickiRake wrote: »
    Heya, just wondering if anyone can help me! Are you able to buy a ticket on the grounds or do you have to buy them online? I'm wondering about both camping tickets and parking tickets. Cheers for any help given.

From what i can gather from their facebook, you can buy tickets on site, but i don't know if that is limited to a certain amount that are for sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Can you buy passes for the carpark up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

Hi,

Whats the best way to get Indiependance from Dublin?

On a bit of a budget aswell, so keep that in mind.

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Anyone driving down from Dublin (or nearby) on the Sunday morning want to give me a lift down ?

I'm terribly nice and I'll give you some free Bavaria from backstage if you do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sadman18

Gman1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Whats the best way to get Indiependance from Dublin?

On a bit of a budget aswell, so keep that in mind.

Thanks!!
    Well If your driving take the M7 out of Dublin and use the toll Abbeyleix bypass. Male sure to take the Cork exit after the toll. Continue along M8 until you reach Junction 12 and exit for Mitchelstown.
    If you chose to go by buss use bus eireann book online to get a discount. It brings you into the centre of Mitchelstown. Indiependence festival is about 10 minute walk away from centre of town!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Seems like we will have some rain over the weekend, anyone know if they will be selling wellies at it ? Gonna be optimistic and not buy them before hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

threein99 wrote: »
    Seems like we will have some rain over the weekend, anyone know if they will be selling wellies at it ? Gonna be optimistic and not buy them before hand

Accuweather is saying no rain for Mitchelstown until Monday.

Last year there was a heavy shower just before the first act and also a few medium showers on both days but it wasn't muddy anywhere so just wore an old pair of "Vans" the whole weekend which worked out fine for me.

ssbob wrote: »
    Accuweather is saying no rain for Mitchelstown until Monday.

Last year there was a heavy shower just before the first act and also a few medium showers on both days but it wasn't muddy anywhere so just wore an old pair of "Vans" the whole weekend which worked out fine for me.

I was going by met.ie, I'll go with your site so it sounds better :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

I want to go, but nobody will come with me (everyone is too broke/busy) I'm so pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

cactuspaw wrote: »
    I want to go, but nobody will come with me (everyone is too broke/busy) I'm so pissed off.

Go yourself you'll surely meet people you can hang around with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Typos! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nanif

BTW, anybody looking for a lift from Sligo for tomorrow (Friday) give me an ould message,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

heading down tomorrow on my own as mates not going now.hope to meet people i know from other festivals.anybody looking for a lift down.
    will be starting off from the Maynooth area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Mod edit: Per forum charter, ticket advertising is not permitted.

Any further ticket advertising by anyone on this thread = ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

heres a long shot...

anyone wanna give me a lift from athlone? will chip in petrol money and witty banter!

Here are some pics taken from the proc:

The bigger and badder Cyprus Avenue stage is up
    262871_10150265779646545_293015881544_7786080_3355380_n.jpg

Outside Havana Cultura
    262871_10150265779656545_293015881544_7786082_6858553_n.jpg

Inside Havana Cultura
    262871_10150265779661545_293015881544_7786083_6857600_n.jpg

Main Stage almost there
    262871_10150265779666545_293015881544_7786084_7716299_n.jpg

Havana with lights on
    wamzo1.jpg

heres a long shot...

anyone wanna give me a lift from athlone? will chip in petrol money and witty banter!

Heading from Galway early tomorrow morning myself, suppose tis too late at this stage for ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bublehead

This may seem like silly question but ...
    Have checked Google and this forum, there seems to be no transport to getting there from Cork !
    I am heading there on Sun and was trying to look up busses etc.. to and from Cork, as is where I am this weekend.
    Bus Eireann and Airbus seem to have busses untill 10 but kelly transport don't have a route from Cork ?
    Anyone any ideas besides car ? I don't plan on camping and would like a few drinks while there !

Is anyone driving back up to Dublin from the festival on the Sunday night?

I really really need a lift and will gladly cover petrol and whatnot for anyone who can help me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muireann50

Does anyone know what the story is with parking, it looks like the car park tickets are sold out but I need one, can I buy one there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

i was wondering the same.

I doubt they are sold out, more likely they stopped selling them today cos they aren't selling the 3 day tickets either and the parking were billed as 3 day too.

I'm hoping/guessing that you can pay as you go in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just realised I could hae gone for today. Thought I couldnt cos of work tomorrow but its Bank Holiday:-(

Just back from Mitchelstown, the weekend was going great until my mate had his wallet robbed from our lastnight as we slept, he didnt miss it until about 2 or 3 o clock, needless to say that soured the mood a bit.

Ham Sandwich stole the show for me, they were brilliant, Ash were a bit all over the place, but the weather wasnt helping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Congratulations to Curve Music, I have to say this was as flawless as a festival can be for me. The bigger Cyprus tent, fantastic. Too many highlights to list. Editors were superb but a huge part of that were the Indiependence crowd, legends all. See you next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Very enjoyable weeked. Two things did really annoy me though, this thing of paying 5e to find out when the bands are on is ridiculous. Is that an Irish thing or what, trying to milk the last cent from the punter?

Secondly, the sound was bad. I'm not sure what the problem was, but for nearly all the bands I saw there was an issue with the sound system. This needs to be looked at if it goes ahead next year.

Glad I went though. Good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

All in all a truly memorable weekend! Great craic! Editors, Ash and Ryan Sheridan were all fantastic. Papillon was just incredible last night. The campsite was a good laugh also. The sound in the Cypress avenue tent was a bit off alright but it didn't ruin any of the acts performances imo. Will return next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

great crack, Ham sambo were great and the hot spockets.. the rest was a bit of a blur :o

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

I don't see why everyone was so disgusted with the sound? I thought there were a few glitches alright but that's to be expected. Cyprus tent was absolutely great, atmospherically..

Rain every now and then was a bit of a balls but really enjoyed the acts I saw and the people I met. It could be the new Electric Picnic in 3 or 4 years... it's really getting there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Loved it...was front centre from The Minutes yesterday through ASIWYFA, Therapy and Editors. Therapy and ASIWYFA were brilliant. I'm not overly familiar with all Editors stuff but Papillion was absolutely brilliant.

One or two small complaints, toilets in one area was a pain plus coulda done with a few more...if you were at Havana tent or Silent Stage the trek was a bit far (having said that I noticed fair few using any gap possiblt which had to be done myself once or twice). Second was the guy on the sound at Main Stage. Didn't seem to know what he was at aand then also didn't give a sh*t when it was smaller bands. No vocals for first butterfly explosion song and he was just laughing at them. Was taught a lesson in sound when therapy and editors had their own stuff and he actually had to work.

Apart from that...met Minutes, Gemma Hayes and Therapy milling around. Pic with Therapy...so I'm a happy f**king bunny!!

Advertisement