Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus Vegas- Curraheen

Options
  • 28-01-2011 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Anybody been to Circus Vegas that is currently in Curraheen? Haven't been to a circus in years so I might revisit my childhood at the weekend:). I can't find a website anywhere. Anybody got reviews, ticket pricing or contact numbers? Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Anybody been to Circus Vegas that is currently in Curraheen? Haven't been to a circus in years so I might revisit my childhood at the weekend:). I can't find a website anywhere. Anybody got reviews, ticket pricing or contact numbers? Tks.

Does it have circus animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Does it have circus animals?

I don't know fonecrusher. Hopefully someone will enlighten us. If it does, I guess it would be best to avoid it on principle.

I don't know fonecrusher. Hopefully someone will enlighten us. If it does, I guess it would be best to avoid it on principle.

I was just going to say if it is an animal circus i would have nothing to do with it myself.

I hate the things & would urge people to consider how the trainers actually get an elephant to sit up on its back legs like a dog.

Yeah sure they ask them nicely.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

I was at it on Wendsday, only animals there, where two ponys that gave children rides around the rings at the intermission.

It was okay, nothing special, chinese circus that I've hear is coming is emant to be better

I was at it on Wendsday, only animals there, where two ponys that gave children rides around the rings at the intermission.

It was okay, nothing special, chinese circus that I've hear is coming is emant to be better

Oh right. My mistake.

I thought it was one of those circuses with exotic animals that do tricks because they've been 'trained' with a crowbar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

not a bother, I was agreeing with you anyway,
    only went because of free tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I've been thinking of going myself, never been to a circus before despite being 25 years on this planet. Circus Vegas do have a website but it doesn't seem to have any details about their Cork venue. I think they're here until the 6th of February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I like the animals and so do the kids, back in 2006
    146016.JPG
    146017.JPG
    146018.JPG
    In 2009 a few Shetland Ponies and this elephant
    146019.JPG

I actually don't like people only circus. Might as well go to the Opera House TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Diary Day

I'm not a major animal rights man but I wouldn't go neat a circus that has animals in it.
    They are treated really badly!!

Diary Day wrote: »
    I'm not a major animal rights man but I wouldn't go neat a circus that has animals in it.
    They are treated really badly!!

You don't have to be an animal rights activist to make the decesion to avoid these things. Im not an animal rights activist but i hate animal circuses. You just have to think a bit about how they actually get 2 ton+ animals like rhinos, hippos & elephants to perform tricks like an obedient little dog. Its probably been thumped repeatedly with a crowbar or starved & taunted with food or both.

People can bullsh!t themselves all they want. You know whats going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bulbs2010

all of the animals you see in the circus in ireland have been born in the circus they are treated with love and kindness i cant speek for circuses in other countrys but i know the irish shows look after there animals very well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

bulbs2010 wrote: »
    all of the animals you see in the circus in ireland have been born in the circus they are treated with love and kindness i cant speek for circuses in other countrys but i know the irish shows look after there animals very well

Its natural instict for a Rhino to charge... Just because it has been 'born' in a circus doesnt mean such instincts are bread out of them. Our cats were born in a house but they still go hunting at night.

The only way to remove a rhino's aggression is through drugs or malnutrition.

Bringing your kids to an exotic animal circus is wrong. If you as an adult want to observe such events thats fair enough. But bringing your children to these things is ensuring a future for animal cruelty. If its seen to be accepted by the parents then the children will grow up to bring their children to them.

I'll say it again, think about how they get a massive creature like an elephant to perform tricks. Take a look on youtube for more convincing.

*see last sentence of post #11.

Advertisement