Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powercity prices?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at washing machines on powercity.ie last night and the one I wanted was €299 including a €50 discount. Went to have one last look there before heading up to them and the discount is now €20 so it's gone up by €30 :( Is there much room to bargain with them? I can get the same oneline from DID thru Pixmania and even with the €25 delivery it works out €5 cheaper than powercity..I'd prefer to have it this weekend though and tbh prefer powercity to DID! Somebody in work reckons the price is gone up for the weekend and to hold off until monday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Go and visit Powercity and explain your dilemma to the sales person, bringing all the paperwork with you. I am pretty sure they will do their best to give you a reason to leave the shop without your money. I wouldn't switch suppliers for the sake of saving 5 euros though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

or go to your nearest DID store and ask if they will beat the powercity price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

Or you could talk to Declan on the currys forum here as they price match and I'm sure delivery doesn't cost 26.99 like did -think they 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Victory!! They matched no probs when I showed them the print out from pixmania. The new machine is like a spaceship lol with all the lights and buttons!! :pac:

Advertisement