Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois / Offaly candidates ?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Will Cowen stand ?
    With potentially him and Enright out of picture, who are the candidates, how are they looking ? I haven't seen any polls yet.

And we're not up on the betting sites yet either ?

Opinions please.... I guess I'm veering towards Labour, but do not know local candidates.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

if cowen isnt standing, ill give my 1st vote to brian stanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

from what i hear if cowen doesent stand then FF will probably only take 1 seat with FG 2 to 3 and Sinn Fein picking up the last one... but its wide open seemingly with the only loosers labour and FF in Laois Offaly.(labour due to the impostion of a candidate from head office that has split the local branch )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Anyone get any callers yet. Got sinn fein a few weeks ago and then fianna gayl just threw a leaflet thing in the door today, woul have liked to ask a few questions to the man but ah well, i wasnt chasing him

Nah no callers - but ill tell ya what, should fine gael darken my door, whoever seen them coming in will not see them going out.

Nah no callers - but ill tell ya what, should fine gael darken my door, whoever seen them coming in will not see them going out.

I think its great craic, dropping them with questions:D. they'll only ****in tell ya what ya want to hear!!

• Advertisement

I cannot describe how much i dislike enda kenny. But I will try. God knows, I will try if any of those fools come anywhere near me, asking me to vote for that POS party.

I cannot describe how much i dislike enda kenny. But I will try. God knows, I will try if any of those fools come anywhere near me, asking me to vote for that POS party.

Ah poor ould enda:D
    Did ya see him the last time on some programme on rte? Looking for the youth vote trying to come across as cool and fun loving. Jesus i actually felt bad for the guy. Or his airbrushed campaign posters? Swift kick to the nuts he needs

Traitor going over to the UK saying ireland were a disgrace. Hes an idiot. Id set fire to myself rather than vote for him.

Traitor going over to the UK saying ireland were a disgrace. Hes an idiot. Id set fire to myself rather than vote for him.

I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire tbh. Just comes across as a sneaky cnut. Just a sly look on him that makes ya think he up to something:D

Had Dalys canvassers over here yesterday. Any question i asked, i got the same answer. "its something that will have to be looked at definately".:rolleyes:
    Id say if i asked any question id have gotten the same answer, "Well its definately something that will have to be looked at":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

The imposed labour candidate did cause a split in the party & a major one despite how HQ try and play it down, upwards of 35 long standing members have either now formed a ULA group or are going independent.

Of the 35+ members majority of them also are long standing members of 20, 30 & 40 years in some cases & include three councillors.

Fact is John Whelan is an ex FF cheerleading hack that has jumped on the gravy train he knows is going to end up in Dail Eireann.

Ray Fitzpatrick will be running for the ULA & i know he is one of the very few straight up guys running, please do consider all your alternatives before deciding who is best to work for people of laois offaly & not just facilitating big business interests.

• Advertisement

If Barry Cowen gets in it will just prove that cronyism and nepotism still has a place in Irish politics. Sad to say he probably will get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

hopefully john leahy gets in, would love to see the man get a chance!

glasso wrote: »
    If Barry Cowen gets in it will just prove that cronyism and nepotism still has a place in Irish politics. Sad to say he probably will get in.

:rolleyes:

glasso wrote: »

whatever your problem is with the cowen's is, its your problem mate. Can you post on one thread without givin out about them???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i see the leinster express(laois edition) has on its front page about the FF private opinion poll that predicts they will do well to get 2 seats with a real possibility of 1 seat. it says Brian Stanley (SF) is doing well in midtable votes and possibly John Whelan (LAB) getting the last seat. ~Big shock is that FG according to this private poll anyways will not capitalise and maybe end up with 2 not 3
    anyway while not wanting to express as strong as opinion as the previous poster about Barry Cowen, I would have reservations about voting for him too...if its change people want then why would you vote for more of the same????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

i see the leinster express(laois edition) has on its front page about the FF private opinion poll that predicts they will do well to get 2 seats with a real possibility of 1 seat. it says Brian Stanley (SF) is doing well in midtable votes and possibly John Whelan (LAB) getting the last seat. ~Big shock is that FG according to this private poll anyways will not capitalise and maybe end up with 2 not 3
    anyway while not wanting to express as strong as opinion as the previous poster about Barry Cowen, I would have reservations about voting for him too...if its change people want then why would you vote for more of the same????

Because hitorically that is what we do so will we change now? No is my guess :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Dusty87 wrote: »
    whatever your problem is with the cowen's is, its your problem mate. Can you post on one thread without givin out about them???
    99% of the the people of Ireland have too not just Dusty87 wake up man smell the coffee

I never said they didn but ever post glasso puts up is basically bitchin about the cowans. One thread is gone to sh!t here because of it. Nobody cares man. I know the cowans arnt popular, i hear it every day, i dont need to see one post after the other with the same petty 16yr old bitchin. I made my point on cowan and left it at that. Im sick of readin the same posts over and over again.

Dusty, thanks for the personal attack. I have a right to express my opinion. I have no personal issue with the Cowen (I believe that that is the correct spelling) family but what they represent in terms of nepotism and cronyism in Irish politics and his brother going up for election after all that has happened is symptomatic of same.

This article is quite interesting in terms of my above point - Brian Cowen trying to fix it for his brother to get in. Can't believe this sh1t is still going on.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/martin-snubbed-as-cowens-crew-pick-3-for-race-2522093.html

and you are the one displaying the intellect, grammar and spelling of a 16-year old, not me.

No problem there. Nice to see you can spell. Barry cowen has been up for election the past while. Why should his brother have to do with him? I know your opinion and you know mine but unlike you i didn have to repeat it again and again, make petty insults about him being fat and ugly. Im all for hearing your opinion, just gets boring after the first few times. Incase of derailing another thread, il bow out of this one now.

• Advertisement

Dusty - I have no wish to get into a tit-for-tat situation. In reference to Barry Cowen going up for FF in Offaly - how come it was he who got the nod and not the other councillor who quit as the sole candidate in the Offaly part of the constituency. And who do you think secured the appointment Barry Cowen to the job in the Mullingar race track...

I wasn't making fun of Brian Cowen for being ugly(I said that he was born that way - that's not his fault) - I did say that his portliness (which is a choice) was not appropriate for a person representing Ireland on the international stage but was not making fun of him in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I see Ray fitzpatrick is coming up very popular on journal.ie,

152 views when you Click most popular on website

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I see Ray fitzpatrick is coming up very popular on journal.ie,

152 views when you Click most popular on website

I heard today John Bracken and Bishop Michael Cox were also running among other Independents.

Lol Just seen John Brackens posters up. Lookin well.

Glasso, nice to see you edit your reply, after i replied to you. Saying about my 16year old spelling and grammer? Maybe i didn get the chances in life you did, maybe i have dyslexia. I wouldn insult someone on their spelling and grammer, as it is something someone may have problems with. However bitching is something that can be cured. Internet tough guy is also somethin that can be cured. Oh and as for the 'personnal attack' i gave you? Isnt that what the 'report post' button is for?? Good man.

Lol Just seen John Brackens posters up. Lookin well.

is he stil using the old slogan? 'john bracken, man of the people'. Is it true he got less votes than members in his family? Anyone hear that?

Dusty - Dont get wound up by some keyboard warrior with a hard-on for the cowens.

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Glasso, nice to see you edit your reply, after i replied to you. Saying about my 16year old spelling and grammer? Maybe i didn get the chances in life you did, maybe i have dyslexia. I wouldn insult someone on their spelling and grammer, as it is something someone may have problems with. However bitching is something that can be cured. Internet tough guy is also somethin that can be cured. Oh and as for the 'personnal attack' i gave you? Isnt that what the 'report post' button is for?? Good man.

what are you on about - I replied after your message in the first place!!! have a look at the message times. any change had nothing to do with times of your replies. you started the personal attacking not me - I was merely replying.

Once again, if you feel like i personaly attacked you, report it. At least the second time you said it. If it gets to you that much, report it to the mods instead of giving out here.......again

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if barry cowen is voted in then we as offaly people deserve our nickname!!!

ignorant fcukers!!

Advertisement