Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois / Offaly candidates ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Cowen putting his name forward for this is an insult to the people of Offaly. He shares exactly the same views politically and personally as his brother, and everyone knows that Brian is probably the most unpopular man in the country at the moment. Having Barry put his name forward is insulting out intelligence that we think he is going to be any different to what we've had in recent years.

Personally speaking over my end of the county I'd like to see Flanagan and Foley being in with a shout, but to be honest apart from some local support I can't see either making the cut.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

what gets me is that he is already joint fav at 1/9 to get elected (paddy power)......

fianna fail should be wiped outin this election, yet the people of offaly (and yes, mainly offaly here!!) are willing to elect a gombeen man with no national political experience who is in a party who have consistanly failed us and made stupidly bad decisions over their tenure......

i will have lost all faith in the people of offaly, if this guy gets elected!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Lol Just seen John Brackens posters up. Lookin well.

indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I wouldn vote Barry in fairness. He thinks his **** dosn smell, and is a self rightous pr1ck. Thinks he's 'someone' when he's not. Just speaking of personal experience of the man through work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aoifepia

glasso wrote: »
    Dusty, thanks for the personal attack. I have a right to express my opinion. I have no personal issue with the Cowen (I believe that that is the correct spelling) family but what they represent in terms of nepotism and cronyism in Irish politics and his brother going up for election after all that has happened is symptomatic of same.

This article is quite interesting in terms of my above point - Brian Cowen trying to fix it for his brother to get in. Can't believe this sh1t is still going on.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/martin-snubbed-as-cowens-crew-pick-3-for-race-2522093.html

and you are the one displaying the intellect, grammar and spelling of a 16-year old, not me.

It's not nepotism if he's democratically elected!

• Advertisement

Aoifepia wrote: »
    It's not nepotism if he's democratically elected!

I said "what they represent in terms of nepotism and cronyism" - like how Mr.Barry Cowen "allegedly" got the job at the Mullingar Greyhound Stadium - that would certainly "allegedly" be considered an example of nepotism...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I said "what they represent in terms of nepotism and cronyism" - like how Mr.Barry Cowen "allegedly" got the job at the Mullingar Greyhound Stadium - that would certainly "allegedly" be considered an example of nepotism...

Nah I'd say cronyism unless of course you know something we don't know ;) and in the interests of transparency and accountability I'd advise you not to tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Uncorruptable

Two posts relevant to Offaly also i made in the laois thread,

Here is Rays lliterature if he doesnt get it through your door, he only has the funding for 20,000 of these,

148595.gif

148596.gif

Heres a radio Interview with Ray & Liam Dumpleton also for you,

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Scorpdoc

I am voting for Rotimi Adebari. I will not vote for the parties who signed up to support the banks, the ECB over the people of this country.

We all saw this property market bursting years agao, houses going up 50k in one year, where was the reality in that!!!

I cannot vote for Barry Cowan, his brother was the minister of finance and taoiseach that led us to our financial and soverign failure.

I cannot vote for John Maloney, whilst been junior minister gave his fellow cabinet the backing to the mentioned downfall.

Not to mention the gutless FF back benchers who done nothing to prevent a fall, reaping the good times. ( maybe some banking legislation!!!)

I cannot vote FG, they have already proved they are willing to sit on Merkel and Sarkosy lap and may I quote Michael Noonan on RTE, " I dont like that sound of burning bondholder", these are the only people who have only gained from our loss of sovernity and are financial downfall. Our major parties want to protect them over the Irish people, your kids, wives/Husbands .... familes.

I cannot vote Labour because the support the trade unions that sat at the tables of these bankers (boards)and corruptness and made us anti competitive. ( another cause of our downfall, how the hell did parts of the workforce get 20% rises and the rest of us 4.5%, answer benchmarking)

Along with finegael, labour have agreed to cut 9 billion, from where, the Irish People.

I cannot vote Sinn Fein, for obvious reasons, ( not saying they are criminals and murders, just they have protected some bad guys in the past and are a little to scary for me)

I am not extreme enough in my views to go to left.

I am voting for independant, I want my local politician to work for there community and work for the rest of the irish people ( national interest must be a factor for me as well).

I believe Rotimi Adebari would be the nearest thing to this.

I would urge voters to look at their independants, look at their qualifications and consider there vote. Dont fall in the crack and let people tell you, dont vote for them, they will never be elected, you are just wasting your vote. Thats what your FF, FG, LAB SF want to secure prawn sandwhich future.

My choice here is Rotimi Adebari, you can google him and look at his credentials.

Before this year, I have always voted FF, never again. This week is our moment to change things, please look who you are voting for.

This is a very good thread. I have enjoyed reading the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

I have also enjoyed reading this thread but I will be voting for an Irish person. (Oh how racist of me!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Scorpdoc wrote: »
    I am voting for Rotimi Adebari. I will not vote for the parties who signed up to support the banks, the ECB over the people of this country.

We all saw this property market bursting years agao, houses going up 50k in one year, where was the reality in that!!!

I cannot vote for Barry Cowan, his brother was the minister of finance and taoiseach that led us to our financial and soverign failure.

I cannot vote for John Maloney, whilst been junior minister gave his fellow cabinet the backing to the mentioned downfall.

Not to mention the gutless FF back benchers who done nothing to prevent a fall, reaping the good times. ( maybe some banking legislation!!!)

I cannot vote FG, they have already proved they are willing to sit on Merkel and Sarkosy lap and may I quote Michael Noonan on RTE, " I dont like that sound of burning bondholder", these are the only people who have only gained from our loss of sovernity and are financial downfall. Our major parties want to protect them over the Irish people, your kids, wives/Husbands .... familes.

I cannot vote Labour because the support the trade unions that sat at the tables of these bankers (boards)and corruptness and made us anti competitive. ( another cause of our downfall, how the hell did parts of the workforce get 20% rises and the rest of us 4.5%, answer benchmarking)

Along with finegael, labour have agreed to cut 9 billion, from where, the Irish People.

I cannot vote Sinn Fein, for obvious reasons, ( not saying they are criminals and murders, just they have protected some bad guys in the past and are a little to scary for me)

I am not extreme enough in my views to go to left.

I am voting for independant, I want my local politician to work for there community and work for the rest of the irish people ( national interest must be a factor for me as well).

I believe Rotimi Adebari would be the nearest thing to this.

I would urge voters to look at their independants, look at their qualifications and consider there vote. Dont fall in the crack and let people tell you, dont vote for them, they will never be elected, you are just wasting your vote. Thats what your FF, FG, LAB SF want to secure prawn sandwhich future.

My choice here is Rotimi Adebari, you can google him and look at his credentials.

Before this year, I have always voted FF, never again. This week is our moment to change things, please look who you are voting for.

This is a very good thread. I have enjoyed reading the comments.

without wishing to start an argument that man you suggest voting for has a very chequred past according to the posts on politics.ie

like how he actually ended up in ireland and whether he was actually a real refugee or not...anyway..i could go on but I wont.. there are plenty of other better people.. even barry cowen!!

without wishing to start an argument that man you suggest voting for has a very chequred past according to the posts on politics.ie

like how he actually ended up in ireland and whether he was actually a real refugee or not...anyway..i could go on but I wont.. there are plenty of other better people.. even barry cowen!!

Unfactual rubbish, Vote stealing propaganda. Its shameful how low people would go to destroy somebodies character. There is no proof in whats been said about Rotimi. Please dont give garbage like that channesurfer and choose your candidates by merit :(

He has my vote to what he stands for, being an independant, been Mayor of Portlaoise as voted by his peers, plus 3rd level qualifications in Economics and intercultral studies.

In fairness its better than taking his brothers seat, wink wink guys, how much bankers and can I sit on merkel lap. Here you go Bondholders, here is 9billion from our people, now wheres my merc!!!

Same old politician, same old sh**e. It didnt work.

PaulieG wrote: »
    I have also enjoyed reading this thread but I will be voting for an Irish person. (Oh how racist of me!)

Thats not been racist. Thats a very good reason.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

John Boland, who runs a dog-prison in North Offaly, between Clara and Moate, is looking for your vote. He cares about stuff, but that doesn't include puppies according to Irish animal welfare bodies.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/election-candidates-2011/laois-offaly/john-boland/

In fact, he's been investigated a number of times (Between 700 and 1,200 dogs are kept in breeze-block sheds at the farm, which has been the focus of ongoing investigations by animal welfare agencies since 2003.)

In fact, Brian Cowen made 'representations' on behalf of him, much as Bobby Molloy did on behalf of a convicted rapist and as many TDs have chivalrously done on behalf of criminals. Now, Mr Boland is not a criminal. Please understand that. No!! Its just immoral, what he's doing, breeding puppies by the hundreds. But it IS a crime in a number of countries, many of them European. I wonder why ??

But........Brian is gone, a has-been, I hear you cry? That's ok, because another stout-hearted Republican (Wolfe Tone would have both executed) steps up and says sure isn't yer man entitled to his aul bit o' reprasentashen....
    www.pedigreedogs.ie/blog/2010/05/01/cowen-took-up-case-of-disgraced-puppy-farm/

"Brian Cowen made representations on behalf of Europe’s biggest puppy farmer to John Gormley when the environment minister was drafting legislation to ban the practice, which is condemned by animal welfare organisations.

Cowen, as finance minister and tanaiste, wrote letters on official departmental paper to Gormley in 2007 and 2008 seeking information on behalf of Mary Boland, a constituent who, along with her husband, John, operates a massive puppy farm close to Moate, on the Offaly-Westmeath border.

Between 700 and 1,200 dogs are kept in breeze-block sheds at the farm, which has been the focus of ongoing investigations by animal welfare agencies since 2003."

And the bould Barry: - a stalwart Republican as only a Fiannafailer could pretend to be. They'd sell their grannies if it meant something for them in their back pockets. They brought the IMF in and they now have the UK exchequer making a profit off of your back. The Land Annuities are so 'IN' this year, darlings..............

"The Bolands have claimed to other dog breeders that they are friendly with Cowen and his brother Barry, a Fianna Fail councillor from Offaly.

Last week, the Taoiseach’s brother confirmed the two knew the Bolands.

“He would have canvassed their door as I did,” he said. “I know them well as they live in my electoral area. I would have made representations for them in the context of sections of the bill, as it had an effect across the dog breeding industry.

“Any citizen of the state is entitled to representation, especially when it concerns proposed legislation, whether you agree or disagree with them. That’s only fair and proper."

Barry Cowen, a warrior's heart for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

I still have no idea who im going to vote for......:(

will ya go out and have a good look at john brackens poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

John Bracken ?? :D Don't think so.....

Am still undecided and going to vote soon.:confused: But I do know it will not be FF or FG, so looking at it strategically here, in order to keep the above 2 in line, I'll need my vote to ultimately transfer left, and most likely to Stanley. Prob Labour in before him, with the transfer there if Labour go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Fingers crossed that scumbag enda kenny doesnt get in. I dislike gilmore too, but id take him over kenny in fairness.

Brian Stanley, good luck to ya man.

he will be your new leader.
    have some respect.
    he might grow on ya anyways.;)

respect? are you for real?

• Advertisement

Whats the results folks. No rte in my gaff at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

No one got the quota, so they are doing a second count, Flanagan, Cowen and Stanley currently the top three.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Whats the results folks. No rte in my gaff at the mo.

http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/results/laois-offaly.html

thanks. Internet fecked too at the mo and too hard to find that on the mobile phone as links dont works half the time. No rte or internet. Jesus i sound shockin bad:):)...

im bullin. **** fg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Go on Brian Stanley, ya good thing.

Looks like Laois-Offaly will be the last constituency in the country to manage to count their votes!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Marenghi

Quinn shouldn't have bothered with a recount. There's two FF above him and an independent who until was very recently was FF. If Quinn gets through and knocks out one, his votes will just go to the others and maybe wind up leaving two of them elected instead of just Cowen.

Looks like 2FF and 1 shinner (ex-murderers) voted in this constituency - not a great commentary on the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Looks like 2FF and 1 shinner (ex-murderers) voted in this constituency - not a great commentary on the area.
    Are you for fucking real. I think its fair to assume that no one here cares what you think. Keep your moronic trolling posts to yourself please. We might vote in FF but at least we know more than to listen to the bullshit you're spouting.

Advertisement