Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Warehouse Showcase

Options
  • 28-01-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Put March 9th into your diary as the date for Audio Warehouse's Recording Showcase.

It will be held in Dublin's Westland Recording Studio - I've only just secured the date so at the moment I have Garry from Focal Monitors, Bricasti and Universal Acoustics and Richard from SSL (who will have the Nucleus with him)

Many more to follow - I'll post as things get added.

As any of you who attended our previous shows will know - it's a pretty laid back format with attendees particular interests driving the day.

It's good to talk !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Put March 9th into your diary as the date for Audio Warehouse's Recording Showcase.

It will be held in Dublin's Westland Recording Studio - I've only just secured the date so at the moment I have Garry from Focal Monitors, Bricasti and Universal Acoustics and Richard from SSL (who will have the Nucleus with him)

Many more to follow - I'll post as things get added.

As any of you who attended our previous shows will know - it's a pretty laid back format with attendees particular interests driving the day.

It's good to talk !

count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

me too. would also be great to meet some of the faces from this forum there. boards.ie name tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

shayleon wrote: »
    me too. would also be great to meet some of the faces from this forum there. boards.ie name tags?

Good Idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mesa 26

sounds great. ill be there.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Splendid stuff Paul. Date noted, thanks.

• Advertisement

Just been talking to Grammy Award Winning Producer/Mixer/Engineer Simon Gogerly who might just be able to pop over for a little Demo.

He mixed the current Underworld album.

Watch this space for confirmation ...

Look's like Steve Flower from Audient will be joining us on the day too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Where can I get more info on what exactly happens/will happen at this, I've not been before. Is it a sales type of thing?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Where can I get more info on what exactly happens/will happen at this, I've not been before. Is it a sales type of thing?

Hi Zombie,

We're very much making this up as we go along so there's unlikely to be a formal timetable of events.

Whilst we're obviously a Equipment Seller I don't think anyone who has attended previous shows we've had over the years would describe them as 'sales events' as such.

On past events we've had Producer guys ( Wolsey White who does Hard-Fi and Rupert Cobb who recorded some Live at Abbey Road) Gear guys (Dirk Brauner from Brauner mics) and Magazine guys ( Editors of Resolution, Tape Op, Audio Media, Pro-Sound News) as well as Equipment reps most with an armful of tackle to demonstrate/yak about.

Have a look at a thread from 2009 which was our last 'big' event .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626451&highlight=Audio+Warehouse

Any other questions just PM me ... Cheers, Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

Great news Paul, I'll be there!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Platinum Recording

Sounds like a fun day.. I'm in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Cool, Thanks, Just wondering if there would be an oppourtunity to pick up/talk gear aswell as general audio nerd talk :)

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Cool, Thanks, Just wondering if there would be an oppourtunity to pick up/talk gear aswell as general audio nerd talk :)

Well as I say we're an Equipment supplier, but we won't have stock to sell there to sell on the day.

It's more of an opportunity for end users to talk to some of the guys who build the gear as well as some demonstrations and general chit chat.

I'm very excited to announce microphone maker Dirk Brauner will be in attendance at our showcase.

In his own words -

"...offering an exclusive outlook to two world premiere products to come very shortly - and I will have a working prototype with me that only a few people have seen so far! "

Now that's worth the visit alone I reckon ?

Audient's Steve Flower has confirmed his attendance with the juicy

http://www.audient.com/products/asp2802-small-format-dual-layer-recording-console

Should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Might tag along, if thats alright. Last one was a great day, and learned a hell of a lot!

Please do - it very much open to anyone , not just pros or semi-pros .

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Sounds good, hope to make it..
    -Declan

Kevin and Ben from Unity Audio will be over too.

They'll have their 'Rock' Monitor and Thermionic Culture stuff with them amongst others.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Dirk Brauner has broken his hand and won't be able to attend our show.

However, he does intend participating by Skype so you will still be able to speak with him.

Gary Bromham will be over at our show too. He says-

"We'd like people to be able to hear a Lexicon PCM96 hardware unit, the PCM plug-in, have a look at Propellerhead Reason / Record (particularly reference to timestretch algorithm) and could we also set up a pair of JBL monitors in the studio together with the MSC-1 controller"

Trevor Coley from Sontronics will be over with his wares. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing the ribbons !

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Alwyn Walker

see you then people!

Great Job Paul... :-)

Alwyn Walker
    Westland Studios

Chris Walls from Munro Acoustics will be at our show.

I might twist his arm to do a presentation.

If you have studio plans you'd like him to look at, or questions you'd like answered please pop in - he's a very personable chap ...

One week to go !

Gary Ash will be over with Manley and Hafler amongst others.

JJ Vernon , of this parish, as an occasional AWH employee has generously offered to give a helping hand getting our show together next Weds - We thank him in advance !

Gareth Williams will now be in attendance at our show instead of the afore mentioned Steve Flower on behalf of Audient.

He'll have the Audient Zen , the ASP 2802 , Mico and ASP008 .

He'll have the Zen /2802 hooked up to automation to show their full operations.

Make sure to pop in Next Weds 9th at Westland Studio Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Alwyn Walker

I hadn't realized that google maps had removed the westland studios place page.

It's now back up, so for directions just google westland studios

or

http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=westland+studios&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=westland+studios&hnear=Dublin,+Co.+Leinster&cid=8544861750453935829

Alwyn
    Westland Studios
    00353 1 677 9762

Advertisement