Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could take someone's skills...

• 28-01-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

I have often thought to myself, what if I could run as fast as Usain Bolt or be as smart as Bill Gates. I'm not talking about superheroes like Flash! I'm talking about real people who have unbelievable talents and skills. So if you could take the skills of one person who would it be and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I have often thought to myself, what if I could run as fast as Usain Bolt or be as smart as Bill Gates. I'm not talking about superheroes like Flash! I'm talking about real people who have unbelievable talents and skills. So if you could take the skills of one person who would it be and why?

Financial nous of Warren Buffett.

Although the speed of Bolt would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

superheroes like Flash? :confused: :pac:

what about Superman? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Charlie Sheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

ron jeremys....eh..... eh....... acting skills.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

superheroes like Flash? :confused: :pac:

what about Superman? :pac:

I think being superman would be terribly annoying after a while. All those demands on your time from a bunch of pathetic ants. A weaker hero would have a little more emotional connection.

I'd squish people if I was Superman. Squish em up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I think being superman would be terribly annoying after a while. All those demands on your time from a bunch of pathetic ants. A weaker hero would have a little more emotional connection.

I'd squish people if I was Superman. Squish em up.

hahaha...maybe Hancock then, he has a bit of attitude and it partial to the odd drink too.. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

i'd want a liver like kieth richards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Maybe someone like Richard Branson, or anyone who has a great knack for entrepreneurial ideas.

Or

Dr. Anthony Atala - He is doing amazing work in growing organs that could be used in human transplants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I would take this guys skill.

What use would I put it to? I don't know but I'd be pretty awesome in my friends eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Dirk Diggler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I'd like balls like Bertie Ahern nothing fazes the ****er

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To be able to drum like Mike Portnoy, or even Adam Jarvis.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Angelina Jolies G String elastic! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

The leadership, financial and communication skills of Brian Cowan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Branson would be good, the fella has a knack for making cash.

With his money I could buy a corupt government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Well then it's got to be Jesus!

Wine anyone?

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Napoleon Dynamite's bow-staff skills please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Albert Einsteins brain power would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page...I'm not that fussy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Roger Federer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

John Holmes Mickeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭cackhanded

I can run faster than Bill Gates and I'm smarter than Usain Bolt - what more could I want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

My dog's ability to lick its own *area*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'd take the ability of an average Fianna Fail supporter to live in blissful ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

Advertisement