Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2011 Car Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Thats a very nice looking car, hopefully it actually moves this year :)

Designed using CFD only, unless their engineers are freakin genius's its not going anywhere

brownacid wrote: »
    Designed using CFD only, unless their engineers are freakin genius's its not going anywhere

They showed last year that it was possible to design an F1 car solely with CFD. It is worth remembering that they designed last year's car with the intention of running to a budget cap of $40 million so their performance was not terrible all things considered. They made a huge gaffe by not having a big enough fuel tank so it is really this year that they, and as a result the merits of CFD, should be judged. I don't think they will be world beaters but they showed enough promise last year to be given time.

Lotus have shown a lot of ambition-Renault engines, Red Bull gearboxes etc-and while Virgin is yet to show that it has the desire to spend fortunes on moving up the grid, it will be interesting to see the difference that the new investors make over the course of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Hispania have released the first photos of the F111.

169593.jpg

169592.jpg

169591.jpg

169588.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

That Hispania is pretty wicked looking, but worringly is lacking sponsors :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lucky Strike anyone?

"Your logo here <-" That's actually kinda sad. :P

A month till the season starts and they've one sponsor, christ they need a cash injection!

Lucky Strike logo would fit right in, jesus i miss tobacco advertising, those BAR's were classy looking motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That Chequered flag across the back of the Hispania is probably the only one it'll see all year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

ro_chez wrote: »
    Hispania have released the first photos of the F111

169588.jpg

i quite like the look of it and hope they get the sponsors but looks a bit like a gp2 car
    147120.jpg

also i see they stuck an irish flag on it;)147121.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That Chequered flag across the back of the Hispania is probably the only one it'll see all year :pac:

For all the love-in for Lotus last year HRT finished the most races of the new teams. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Force India launched the VJM04, check out the air intake
    147147.jpg

few more pics
    http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/gallery/40310.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Force India looks well. Intakes don't look out of place unlike the McLaren.

lolie wrote: »
    i quite like the look of it and hope they get the sponsors but looks a bit like a gp2 car

Well Dallara did design it with the hope that making a big GP2 car would be suffiecent in F1!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Would i have to pay much sponsorship to have my name on the car :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

Autosport wrote: »

I doubt it would take much but I wouldn't expect too many tickets :o

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

The lotus is stunning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Autosport wrote: »

Lets have a whip around,Hispania-Boards.ie Racing Team.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

lord lucan wrote: »
    Lets have a whip around,Hispania-Boards.ie Racing Team.:D

Actually if everone on boards gave status grand prix (the irish-canadian formula three team with whom David Kennedy is involved) I bet you would see the name up on the car.

Actually if everone on boards gave status grand prix (the irish-canadian formula three team with whom David Kennedy is involved) I bet you would see the name up on the car.

Small point but are Status not a GP3 team? I'm not certain by any means so apologies if im wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

frostie500 wrote: »
    Small point but are Status not a GP3 team? I'm not certain by any means so apologies if im wrong!

Sorry I got my GP3 & formula 3 mixed up:o

• Advertisement

Sorry I got my GP3 & formula 3 mixed up:o

Easily done, there's too many feeder formula springing up!

Williams launched their new livery this morning:

I cant seem to get the image resized so you'll have to click the link. It looks well but the good pace in testing has done nothing to help them get additional sponsors, only Ramstad seems to be a recent addition

Deliberately dark so people wont see the sponsorless sidepods :p

looks much better than the original pic though :)

If i give them €100 maybe they'll let me put my name there :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Some more pictures here. It seems that Lada Renault aren't the only team going for the retro tobacco sponsorship look...

RayM wrote: »
    Some more pictures here. It seems that Lada Renault aren't the only team going for the retro tobacco sponsorship look...

God help us all the day Lada enter F1 :p

Got Lotus, Hispania and now Williams sporting old school tobacco paintjobs, theres hope for us smokers yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Iron Hide wrote: »
    God help us all the day Lada enter F1 :p

Got Lotus, Hispania and now Williams sporting old school tobacco paintjobs, theres hope for us smokers yet :P

Ferrari cant even get away with a barcode on the car! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Their Rothmans livery from 95, 96 and 97 is still one of my favourites. I know they had the Rothmans livery on the 94 car but I don't really like that car. I don't like the shape but mostly because it's the one Senna lost his life in :(

Subliminal advertising anyone ;)

Maybe there's ciggie sponsorship hidden behind layers and layers of companies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Ford still aren't happy so Ferrari have changed the name of their car... again.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110304_F1_The_Horse_Whisperer_The_name_changes_but_not_the_sense.aspx
    It might seem like a Kafkaesque scenario, but the affair relating to the name of the car with which Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa will tackle this year’s Formula 1 World Championship saw its final and decisive episode played out these past few days with the concomitant withdrawal by Ford of the summons. Therefore common sense has prevailed.

In order to avoid the slightest risk of anyone confusing a Formula 1 car with a pick-up truck, for their part, the men from Maranello have decided that the car will lose the F that precedes the number 150 and which stands for Ferrari, as it has done on numerous occasions when it’s come to giving a car a code name, be it for the race track or the road. It appears that this could have caused so much confusion in the minds of the consumer across the Pond that, at the same time as losing the F, the name will be completely Italianised, replacing the English “th” with the equivalent Italian symbol.

Therefore the name will now read as the Ferrari 150° Italia, which should make it clear even to the thickest of people that the name of the car is a tribute to the anniversary of the unification of our country. Let’s hope the matter is now definitely closed and that we can concentrate on more serious matters, namely ensuring that our car that already seems to be pretty good out of the box, becomes a real winner.

Advertisement