Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Deposit

Options
  • 28-01-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hiya, i recently ordered a new connection (phone line being installed today) and got some paperwork from eircom. On it they say i agreed to a security deposit of 100 euro which will be refunded after 12 months depending on if the bills have been paid. Is this the norm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

Lurvely wrote: »
    Hiya, i recently ordered a new connection (phone line being installed today) and got some paperwork from eircom. On it they say i agreed to a security deposit of 100 euro which will be refunded after 12 months depending on if the bills have been paid. Is this the norm?

Hello
    All telephone accounts being set up must be set up with either a security deposit or a direct debit.Can you PM me your details and I will look into the account for you

Thank You
    Eleanor

Thank You for your PM, I can help you with this if you like.Once a deposit is set up on the a/c, it will take about 3 weeks to come into effect. In the interim the bill when received should be paid in your local post office or through the eircom EVR on 1901.When the deposit is set up and in effect you will receive the deposit you paid back on as a credit on your acc.
    Let me know if you want me to ring you to take your bank details over the phone or alternatively to send you out a mandate to fill out for the direct debit
    Thank You
    Eleanor

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

Thanks for that. Just wondering now that the telephone line is connected am i able to just pay the connection fee and not enter into a contract with eircom?

Thanks for that. Just wondering now that the telephone line is connected am i able to just pay the connection fee and not enter into a contract with eircom?

As soon as you placed the order online and ticked the box for terms and conditions you are entered into a 6 month contract for the telephone line,6 months for broadband, and 12 months for broadband with a bundle

Eleanor

Thats what i thought, cheers :D Will i have to wait long for the broadband to be set up now?

• Advertisement

Thats what i thought, cheers :D Will i have to wait long for the broadband to be set up now?

Broadband can take about 10 working days from the time your line is set up and activated,broadband can't be set up until there is an active line to set it up on.Did you place an order for broadband, I can see on your order for the telephone line that you expressed an interest in broadband.

Eleanor

The lines working and all now. Yeah i ordered the 1mb broadband but ill be looking to change that to the 7mb one.

The lines working and all now. Yeah i ordered the 1mb broadband but ill be looking to change that to the 7mb one.

The line was only activated today so we won't see any order on the system for broadband until Monday. When you place an order online you receive an order number, can you PM me thye order number you received for the Broadband order

Thanks

Eleanor

The line was only activated today so we won't see any order on the system for broadband until Monday. When you place an order online you receive an order number, can you PM me thye order number you received for the Broadband order

Thanks

Eleanor

Generally you receive two order numbers what I can see on the order number is that you showed an expression of interest in broadband.What I'll do is have a look on Monday to see if the order is there, if not I'll DM you so that you can place the order again now that the line is active

Eleanor

Ok thank you :D Will this cost any extra as its a separate order or will it be the same charge as the bundle?

• Advertisement

I need to check to find your order on Monday,the order I will be looking for is the broadband and the bundle order you placed online.If it is not there you can place the same order online on Monday.

Eleanor

Thats brill, thanks a million for all you help :D

Glad to be of help,I'll look into that order on Monday and DM you

Eleanor

Thats brill, thanks a million for all you help :D

Hello, I've checked and the broadband order you placed online, is on our system now.I'll send you a PM with the order number

Eleanor

Advertisement