Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teds Operation get fit and lose belly.

Options
  • 28-01-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so started on new years,

gave up eating ****ty snacks and cut down the drinking, its reserved for special occasions.

iIve been hitting the gym about 4 times a week, mainly doing cardio.

24 mins on stairmill (areobic level 12 for 12 mins then level 16 for 12 minutes)
    24 mill on cross trainer (hills start at level 8 and increase by 2 levels every 3 mins)
    15 mins on treadmill (1 min incline 6.0 speed 5.0, 2 minutes incline 5.0 speed 6.6, 2 minutes incline 4.0 speed 11.1) x3

When started i was approx 98 kg, i'm down to 95kg. But i've noticed that my stomach and chest is gettign much firmer. i can pinch less and my ribs are getting soemwhat visible.

i also intend on doing a lot more running. ideally twice a week, and a mile in the pool.

goal is not to be fit, with a mono chin (no sign of a double chin), flat stomach and chest. be able to run about 20km no bother.

i do plan to addd weights to my gym program, but may wait another month as i believe for fatloss cardio is king.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Besta luck with the new log mate.

Just my 2c but id be adding in weights sooner rather than later as I find they really helped me when trying to lose weight, as well as that, they actually help you to look better instead of just smaller if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

cheers connolly i'll add the bench press and squats over the next week.
    Couldn't manage the gym on friday due to daddy duties. But managed to go for a run saturday night. Did 5K in 25minutes around the killiney hill so its not as slow as it sounds.
    Have eat plenty of junk over the weekend but kept away from the drink despite the different parties on.
    Going to try and fit in a cycle tomorrow.

added some weights and dips last night. Arms are quite sore. My dips were embarrassing. Now its a new month i'm going to really in for the big push.
    I've being looking at adventure races on the a r t forum and may now set myself a challenge to do a few of them.

didn't make the gym last night :( but got out for a run. i'm knockign about 30 seconds each time I go. I'm going to add another 1km to my runs.

away with work tonight so have booked into a hotel with gym and lesiure centre. grr i really 20m pools there just to short to do any distance in.

so i'll the machiens first then get in and do as many lengths as i can befor ei get fed up. with the short distance.

forgot to mention earlier i'm 31.

if anyone uses endomondo my profile is: http://www.endomondo.com/profile/67614

Ok Take two,

Since my gym closed (total Fitness) i've been doing nothing.

We've had another baby, so wifey inssited i mind the other child more whiel she was pregnant. I started a part time master. over the course of the past few months i've piled on the pounds and let my Diet go.

No fizzy drink, choclate, sweets etc since the first of jan.

Back running. 3 days a week. plan to use the gym in Kevin street 1 day a aweek to do weights.

from the attached screen shot you can see my time steadily decreasing. so i'm going to add a and extra 2km to the run for February. Should be up to 10km 3 times a week by Mid March.

• Advertisement

Back again.

so I've joined BD in Cherrywood and have beign doing some session with a PT.

started week 1 of 4 week DL cycle. goal is to build u to about 120kg

5*65kG DL
    Walking lunges wih 12kg
    12*leg lifts

5*75kg DL
    walkign lunges with 12kg
    12*leg lifts

5*85kg DL
    walking lunges with 12 kg
    12*leg lifts

Advertisement