Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheres all my money gone?

• 28-01-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭

What the hell is this???

Just got my pay slip and after seeing the lovely big number at the top and comparing it to the much smaller number at the bottom it turns out im paying 25% tax now

thats a crap load worse than I thought. Anyone need any odd jobs doin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'll give you a tenner to clean me windows.

If you really want the money, you'll find my house.

You have one hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It's gone to the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

...it turns out im paying 25% tax now

:rolleyes:

You're in the 25% tax band ?
    I'm probably paying more tax than your entire wages.

phasers wrote: »

You have one hour.
    pfft... easy. You live in :noitacoL, that's right around the corner from my house. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

congratulations, i have a huge penis:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

yeah, and I make a lot of money.

FACE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

That must get in the way when you try putting a hat on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

You going to challenge him to a dual next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Listen USC sucks ,im not gonna get started on that as I would be banned for my views on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

He doesn't even bother these days, despite the cold weather. Hence the username.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

It's coming to the stage where a three day week is looking like a good idea and get into a cheaper tax band, I seem to be working two days a week now to pay taxes, fcuk that, fcuk you very much Brian Lenihan.:mad:

Surely if you did have a chilly willy, then it would be kinda small, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Its gone to that big black hole that is Anglo Irish. When you walk by Anglo Irish you can feel the money being sucked out of your pocket...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Riamfada wrote: »
    You going to challenge him to a dual next?

We draw Yu-Gi-Oh cards at dawn.

darragh16 wrote: »
    Its gone to that big black hole that is Anglo Irish. When you walk by Anglo Irish you can feel the money being sucked out of your pocket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

what annoys me most is that I know its not going toward anything usefull. just paying more to get less. Fúck lenihan.

Denny M wrote: »
    We draw Yu-Gi-Oh cards at dawn.

But the battle itself would take about a week to complete. God, I hated when they'd do that in Yu-Gi-Oh

I think i'll just write an IOU to the revenue and when they come after me plead with NAMA for a bail out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

phasers wrote: »

You have one hour.
    Windows cleaned. Please pay me via PayPal to SaudiPrinceHasamKoshubar@legitemail.ze

OSI wrote: »
    I'm loving the new tax arrangments, I'm paying less!!

how did you pull that off?

• Advertisement

And how would that be now, have you emigrated?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But the battle itself would take about a week to complete. God, I hated when they'd do that in Yu-Gi-Oh

By the time they finish, we could be out of money problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Taxes? Imagine that.

It's impossible to moan about this stuff.

If you're well paid, you can afford to pay it. And you should be grateful that you have a job at all.

If you're badly paid, you should be grateful to other people for paying your share. And grateful that you have a job at all.

If you're unemployed, you should be grateful for other people paying your share. And grateful that your welfare payments are higher than in most other places. And be grateful that you're not dead.

And thus we are divided and conquered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

what annoys me most is that I know its not going toward anything usefull. just paying more to get less. Fúck lenihan.

Yep just going towards the perpetual debt that is the "bailout."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the_syco wrote: »
    Windows cleaned. Please pay me via PayPal to SaudiPrinceHasamKoshubar@legitemail.ze
    That was my neighbour's house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ali Babba wrote: »
    And how would that be now, have you emigrated?

He halved his working hours to pay less tax.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

All those tax calculators that appeared on websites after the budget to work out how much less off you will be appear to have been complete bollix. I'm twice as worse off as I was expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Reduction of minimum wage?

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Taxes? Imagine that.

If you're well paid, you can afford to pay it. And you should be grateful that you have a job at all.

If you're badly paid, you should be grateful to other people for paying your share. And grateful that you have a job at all.

If you're unemployed, you should be grateful for other people paying your share. And grateful that your welfare payments are higher than in most other places. And be grateful that you're not dead.

If you want to be a sycophant who is thankfull to FF for robbing all our money because of the stupid decissions theyve made then fair enough. Bend over and ask for another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

All those tax calculators that appeared on websites after the budget to work out how much less off you will be appear to have been complete bollix. I'm twice as worse off as I was expecting.

This statement is a grammar nazis wet dream! But i get get your point. tax is bad, boo!:D

If you want to be a sycophant who is thankfull to FF for robbing all our money because of the stupid decissions theyve made then fair enough. Bend over and ask for another

Epic point missing there.

Epic point missing there.

No I got the point. Its just a retarded point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

My PRSI and USC together are less now than my PRSI and Income levy pre budget and no change in my PAYE

How is that? I want me some of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm getting paid on Tuesday for the first time in 40 days. My cc is maxed. My old landlord has €780 belonging to me because of a mix up in cancellation of my standing order and has taken the entire month before pulling his hand out of his ass to do anything about it. All going well I'll get it on Tuesday. Needed to get a loan off my old man to sort my own rent this month thanks to all of that.

My bank account has AIDS right now.

Bad AIDS.

• Advertisement

My PRSI and USC together are less now than my PRSI and Income levy pre budget and no change in my PAYE

Ah I see. Hope its not too personal but does that mean your on a relatively low wage. If thats the case then I'm happy your paying less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

how did you pull that off?

by pulling people off!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm paying 6 euro a week extra. Tis great altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

All the money's at Bill's house, and Fred's!;)

I got hit very hard with this new crap today. Checked the account and I'm down a nice bit so I really want to see my payslip for the month whenever my boss decides to give em out.:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

er... if you've been paying attention you'll note that there never was any money...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

This statement is a grammar nazis wet dream! But i get get your point. tax is bad, boo!:D

I know, I'm just so angry right now I can barely string together a sentence. My net pay has been reduced by about 8%, and its just going to be worse next year, and the year after that.

Taxes? Imagine that.

Fcuk off Brian..............

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Fcuk off Brian..............

My post was apparently ambiguous. I am vehemently opposed to the economic policies of FF.

Direct your personal abuse elsewhere.

Nope, going by CSO figures I'm just over the national average. Don't hate me

Not your fault at all. It lenihans.

Im under national average. PRSI is down but the 2% on the first 5 grand, 4% percent on the next 10 and 7% on the remainder are all less that the difference in PRSI for you?

That sounds so bizare i'd be carefull that who ever does your payroll didn't screw up and you'll end up paying it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Aul Jimmy Big Bollocks here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Just below the average and mine is a fiver more than last month in total, surprised a bit I was expectin a ass rape. And revenue gave me €150 this month as well for doctor stuff :D

No Aldi surfin for me, I'm goin to Superquinn whoo hoo.

Sorry.

Just below the average and mine is a fiver more than last month in total, surprised a bit I was expectin a ass rape. And revenue gave me €150 this month as well for doctor stuff :D

No Aldi surfin for me, I'm goin to Superquinn whoo hoo.

Sorry.

Im confused. I thought the average wage was €32,000. Im below that but am paying a good bit more that a fiver. 7% more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I pay 57% tax gross to net including social charges etc.

Ireland's not that bad in comparison.

enda1 wrote: »
    I pay 57% tax gross to net including social charges etc.

Ireland's not that bad in comparison.

where do you live? I have no problem with high taxes if they get spent on benifits for the general general citizenry rather than fúckers in bentleys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I heard the bigger it is the more tax you pay and all you're left with is a little stub of something that looked great on paper, but in reality is pretty small.

• Advertisement
Advertisement