Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 problem

Options
  • 28-01-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hoping someone can advise me in relation to Aritech cs350 which goes off intermittantly during the middle of the night beyween 3-4am. Happened for 3 nights in a row but was ok last night. The error shows as G=6 04Zone. The 04 zone is 3 upstairs windows and i have changed all 3 sensors on the windows using original Aritech spares. This was last year because the alarm was doing the same then,but seemed to settle down until recently. Is there a way to test the individual sensors or is it likely that the problem is not being caused by the sensors, bearing in mind that all 3 were changed less than 12 months ago. I dont know much about alarms but this system gave me a lot of problems since i had it installed 4 5 years ago and it always seemed to be caused by faulty sensors hence my decision to change them myself. As i am out of work at present i cant really afford to call in the experts so any advice would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

mr j tayto wrote: »
    Hoping someone can advise me in relation to Aritech cs350 which goes off intermittantly during the middle of the night beyween 3-4am. Happened for 3 nights in a row but was ok last night. The error shows as G=6 04Zone. The 04 zone is 3 upstairs windows and i have changed all 3 sensors on the windows using original Aritech spares. This was last year because the alarm was doing the same then,but seemed to settle down until recently. Is there a way to test the individual sensors or is it likely that the problem is not being caused by the sensors, bearing in mind that all 3 were changed less than 12 months ago. I dont know much about alarms but this system gave me a lot of problems since i had it installed 4 5 years ago and it always seemed to be caused by faulty sensors hence my decision to change them myself. As i am out of work at present i cant really afford to call in the experts so any advice would be most appreciated.

If you have the engineering code you can test them. If the sensors are not faulty it might be a problem with the cable going to these windows. Try changing the cores to spare ones and see if this help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The right way to do this is to get a a multi meter and test everything in one go.Anything else is just guess work.
    Disconnect the zone from the panel and connect to a lenght of cable long enough to reach every device on that zone.Connect the other end of the cable to your multimeter and set to measure continuity.Remove the end of line resistors and make a note of the reading.
    Now you can test each sensor and contact and view how the resistance changes with the meter beside you.The residence should always return to in or around the same level.
    If you find a faulty device close off and test the rest.
    If nothing obvious shows up , disconnect and close off each device one by one.You are looking for a significant drop if the resistince here.
    After that close all pairs on the cable and measure the resistance.
    The readings should be the same if the cable is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

Thanks for the quick advice guys ,i will try your suggestions and see if i can sort it. If im still in trouble i will probably save up and get an expert in,thanks again.

It may even be a loose cable in the devices or panel so check this first.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

Thanks Altor. Hopefully that might solve it because to be honest i find alarm systems a bit daunting,not really my area.

• Advertisement

mr j tayto wrote: »
    Thanks Altor. Hopefully that might solve it because to be honest i find alarm systems a bit daunting,not really my area.

Your welcome mr j tayto,

Hopefully it is the fault but if not you will get all the help you need here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Murtapalooza

Mr. J Tayto

Did you find a solution?

I had the same error "G=6" when I arrived home this evening.

Cheers

M

Mr. J Tayto

Did you find a solution?

I had the same error "G=6" when I arrived home this evening.

Cheers

M

G=6 is the gross level of attack on a window.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

G6 refers to gross attack on whatever zone activated.
    That is the force an inertia sensor reads from a window/door been hit.
    If its just happened the once I would wait & see. If it happens again there is possibly a faulty device or a wiring fault on that zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Murtapalooza

Thanks folks.

Must go interview neighbour's kid who I saw in vicinity holding a cricket bat. Mid-term break and alarm gets set off. Go figure.

M.

• Advertisement

A very possible cause...:rolleyes:;)

Thanks folks.

Must go interview neighbour's kid who I saw in vicinity holding a cricket bat. Mid-term break and alarm gets set off. Go figure.

M.

A bang on the window with a ball would cause the G=6. Hopefully you have the cause of the alarm activation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2much

Gents,

Having a bit of trouble with my Prehistoric Aritech cs350 over the last year. Alarm keep on going off and gives the cause as downstrairs windows. I had all the sensors replaced but no joy. Can anyone give me a name of a good alarm tech that could have a look at it and repair it or install a new system <snip>. Not willing to spend a fortune but would like a reliable home alarm.

Maybe even do a hybrid wireless system. House is 4 bedder in West Dublin.

Many thanks

All installation work carried out on security systems must be done by a licenced company. 2 much, please read the forum charter.

There are some installers in the suppliers sticky here
    You can also check the PSA register of licenced installers.
    You are breaking the law if you employ & pay an unlicenced installer.

2much wrote: »
    Gents,

Having a bit of trouble with my Prehistoric Aritech cs350 over the last year. Alarm keep on going off and gives the cause as downstrairs windows. I had all the sensors replaced but no joy. Can anyone give me a name of a good alarm tech that could have a look at it and repair it or install a new system <snip>. Not willing to spend a fortune but would like a reliable home alarm.

Maybe even do a hybrid wireless system. House is 4 bedder in West Dublin.

Many thanks

I would say it more than likely a cable issue if you have replaced all the sensors on that loop. Can you check the sensors for loose connections just in case that is the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happydaawg

Hi,
    I have a Aritech CS350 and went on holidays. The day we left the alarm went off and was ringing when we got back.
    The Alarm showed that it was coming from upstairs?? I checked all windows and there was no sign of entry.
    I put the alarm on that night and the next day and it seemed fine.
    Would anyone suggest what may have happened??
    Could wind or bad weather trigger an alarm?? Or a bird flying into the window???
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Regards.
    HD

KoolKid wrote: »
    All work carried out on security systems must be done by a licenced company. 2 much, please read the forum charter.

You are breaking the law if you emply & pay an unlicenced installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Could be birds but if it happens again get it serviced

A bird flying into the window is a possability.
    I would not be over concerned with 1 isolated activation. If it happens again I would check the zone for faulty devices.

happydaawg wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a Aritech CS350 and went on holidays. The day we left the alarm went off and was ringing when we got back.
    The Alarm showed that it was coming from upstairs?? I checked all windows and there was no sign of entry.
    I put the alarm on that night and the next day and it seemed fine.
    Would anyone suggest what may have happened??
    Could wind or bad weather trigger an alarm?? Or a bird flying into the window???
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Regards.
    HD

If it does happen again I would get the installer or whoever looks after your alarm to check for a faulty sensor(s) on that zone. It could be a random incident and not occur again.

Another thing to do would be to get him to set the bell time plus the rearm count to prevent the alarm ringing till you get back.
    Originally Posted by KoolKid
    All work carried out on security systems must be done by a licenced company. 2 much, please read the forum charter.

You are breaking the law if you emply & pay an unlicenced installer.

I think you are taking this out of context. It is only an offence to employ or pay someone with no licence to install a new alarm system. ( That should be clarified in the original post ) Repairs and a service to alarm systems are not covered under this. I would not advise you to get anyone who has no training of security systems to fix any alarm system. To obtain the standard a new system is installed too an installer would have to show his ability to install and maintain alarm systems, plus have a record of any training he has to get his licence. I know this does not mean he will be any good but it is more that most cowboys out there have :D

The main problem here is the PSA seem unwilling to clearly define where repair ends & installation starts. A crazy loophole , and one I would not personally recommend people to be taking advantage of.

• Advertisement

I agree but this should be clarified in the main post just so everyone is clear about it. A new install and a repair and service are different things. I know a few installers myself who gave up there licence to maintain and service systems they have installed just so they dont have to pay the licence fees. They have said when the loop hole is closed they will get the licence again. Cant blame them with the money we have to pay.

This is probably a debate for another day & another thread , but these were what I asked a PSA inspector & I could not get clarification,

What defines an installation rather than a repair?
    If a panel needs replacing is that an installation ?
    If a panel keypad & bell box needs replacing is that an installation ?
    Replacing any amount of parts can still be called a repair?

There are loopholes in lots of laws around the country.
    There are loopholes that will get you off drink driving, there are loopholes that will get you off speeding the list goes on.
    That does not mean it should be encouraged or promoted.
    I ,for one, am certainly going to do neither here.

What are you not going to do ?

?????

There are loopholes in lots of laws around the country.
    There are loopholes that will get you off drink driving, there are loopholes that will get you off speeding the list goes on.
    That does not mean it should be encouraged or promoted.

Closing this here as this is getting way off topic ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement