Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy way to delete all messages in voice mailbox

Options
  • 28-01-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

is there an easy way to delete all my old voice messages.

My mailbox is full. I've tried the menus but I am only ever able to delete them one by one by opening the message and then deleting it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    is there an easy way to delete all my old voice messages.

My mailbox is full. I've tried the menus but I am only ever able to delete them one by one by opening the message and then deleting it.

Hi mr kr0nik,

Thanks for contacting us on boards.

To answer your query, I found using 'mail2web' a quick and easy way of deleting a whole pile of mail at one go.

Just log on to their website : www.mail2web.com

Enter your email address and password.

You'll see an option at the bottom of the page to 'List All' (tick this box).

Once you can view all your mails in your inbox, simply select the 'Sender' box at the top of the page.

De-select any emails you want to keep by un-ticking the box beside any sender.

Then scroll down to the very bottom of the page again, and Click 'Delete Selected emails'.

Confirm the action and this will remove all your email quickly.

I hope this helps with you.

Let me know if you need any further help.

All the best
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Hi there,
    Unfortunately, I'm looking to delete voicemail messages from my voice message box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi there,
    Unfortunately, I'm looking to delete voicemail messages from my voice message box.

Hi mr kr0nik,

If you PM your telephone number and account number I can re-set the maibox but all existing messages will be deleted.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

PM sent. is that the only easy way of doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

PM sent. is that the only easy way of doing this?

Hi mr kr0nik,

Thanks again. I see that you have sent a PM to Mark for further advice.

A quick answer to your query : "is that the only way.." to delete emails from your eircom mailbox?".

Well, using mail2web is only one way to delete emails on the pop server. There are plenty of other ways. For e.g : you can download each email individually and then remove them using an email client. You can use eircom's own webmail service and delete your email that way. You can even telnet on to the pop server on port 110 and dele email that way.

There's quite a few ways to delete pop mail from the server. For me I've found using mail2web is the quickest and most efficient way.

It's up to you which method you use.

Let me know if I can help you further.

All the best
    Ant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi there,

Hi mr kr0nik,

Your eircom malbox has been re-set. If you try and access it in half an hour it should be ok. The pasword has been changed to the generic 1234 and then press the hash key. However you can change it in the menu options.

If you have any problems let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement