Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side-Gates?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

We are looking to replace our wooden sidegate and are looking for recommendations for someone local? Hopefully not too expensive.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Ha, theres a guy called the side gate man. Sorry I've no details but he always has an ad in the north county leader. Pressure treated gates, whatever they are, for 199. Calling him has been on my todo list for yonks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

tbh wrote: »
    Ha, theres a guy called the side gate man. Sorry I've no details but he always has an ad in the north county leader. Pressure treated gates, whatever they are, for 199. Calling him has been on my todo list for yonks :)

I must have a look out for that paper so.

I heard about someone in Drogheda doing them for €99 so I'm trying to find his details, his gates are supposed to be good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I must have a look out for that paper so.

I heard about someone in Drogheda doing them for €99 so I'm trying to find his details also, his gates are supposed to be good quality also.

Let me know how you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

got a couple up in b&q recently, think they were around 50 euro. if ye knew anyone handy or were able to yourself to cut them down to size and hang them. not much to it when its an external door.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

got a couple up in b&q recently, think they were around 50 euro. if ye knew anyone handy or were able to yourself to cut them down to size and hang them. not much to it when its an external door.

Getting it done professionally might be worth it. I keep putting mine up myself and it blows down ever bloody winter. :mad: I'm thinking of replacing it with a metal bar gate so the wind passes through. They don't look as good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Hardware shop in Applewood Village has a side gate service. I needed an extra tall one. No extra Cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Thanks for that; I'll check it out tomorrow :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement