Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you open the door to people you dont no

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

I don't open the door to anyone I don't know. If I'm getting a pizza delivered I tell the man to leave it outside and I feed the money under the door to him. You can't be too careful these days....nobody should be trusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Sometimes the people at the door don't knock, they just come straight in waving a piece of paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Kasabian wrote: »
    Sometimes the people at the door don't knock, they just come straight in waving a piece of paper.
    You let people just walk into your house? Is your door just open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

KeithAFC wrote: »
    You let people just walk into your house? Is your door just open?

Yeah.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i'd open the door to no 9, people looking for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Why are we so scared of strangers.... I've never heard of a 'normal', non criminal opening the door to an unexpected knock and subsequently getting attacked. Bunch of city bred scaredy cats.

I don't get it either. I've a mental picture of people sitting inside wide eyed, nervously twitching the blind inside to see who's out there, but discreetly so it doesn't give them away.

Then the thunder hammering through their chest subsides as they hear the car drive off.

I can understand it at nighttime if you are alone and female.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

I don't get it either. I've a mental picture of people sitting inside wide eyed, nervously twitching the blind inside to see who's out there, but discreetly so it doesn't give them away.

Then the thunder hammering through their chest subsides as they hear the car drive off.

I can understand it at nighttime if you are alone and female.

Have a look at the Charlesland forum....that place is full of the yellow bellies.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056153791

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I am not going to hide behind the curtains because I don't know who is at the door.

Have a look at the Charlesland forum....that place is full of the yellow bellies.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056153791

My eyes are open.

OP, everyone is a threat. Never speak to, look in the eye or approach a stranger. Stay indoors with all windows and doors locked and bolted securely. Barb wire should be unrolled around the perimeter of your property with mortars and landmines hidden in the shrubbery.

If a man from DHL or the postman has a package for you, then open the door just wide enough so you can stick out your reaching hand.http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfpjsnHzN4higNy0PPOBTLyJnusFnID-mI_EvQGhwGdFxAypq9 Have a gun trained on the delivery person as you do this.

All people who are calling to visit you (friends/relatives) should phone ahead. Log them onto your Visitors to Call spreadsheet with time due, expected duration and vehicle license plate number entered.

Place your local Gardai station on speed-dial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Mr.Burns?

Simpsons ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Why did you answer your question in the thread title, instead of just asking us ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Some dudes get so clingy. :mad:

Calling them "dudes" might solve that pretty quickly for ya!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Mr.Burns?
    Or what? You’ll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's a woman on my street who won't open the door to anybody,she waits for her hubby to do it.One of their friends had to phone them while standing outside to get somebody to answer the door-she wouldn't open it because her hubby was upstairs.Crazy carry on imo.I always answer the door,if it's somebody offering something I don't want I just say no thanks simple as.
    I've seen people turning off lights and pretending not to be there-a mate of mine did that one Halloween and still hasn't lived it down after we found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Never. I left a message on thisis50.com dissing 50 Cent and I have been looking over my shoulder since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

KNOW!!!!!!!!!
    THEIR LADDER!!!!!!!!

KNOW!!!!!!!!!
    THOUGHT!!!!!!!!

CorkMan wrote: »
    Never. I left a message on thisis50.com dissing 50 Cent and I have been looking over my shoulder since.
    They's-a-comin' for ya. Pow pow...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

no I never open the door unless I know who it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aruba08 wrote: »
    no I never open the door unless I know who it is

How would you know who it was unless you opened the door?

• Advertisement

CorkMan wrote: »
    I shouldn't laugh.. I called him 'half a euro' and now I see potential drive-by everywhere I go.

zerks wrote: »
    Aha!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Got a letter in the door to say the TV Licence Inspector called and will call back in the next 2 weeks, so no opening the door to people I don't know (with clipboards) for the next 2 weeks or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

zerks wrote: »
    i can see out my window:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Jesus people caught me this morning,had to listen to 10 mins of ''how Jesus is going to save us all.''

Got a free bible out of it though which will burn well in the fire tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I didn't open the door to people I didn't know once before they thought nobody was in , so they broke in while I was in there all by myself I was about 13/14.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

you,their.

THERE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

a fianna fail candidate knocked at my door today canvassing,i was lying on the couch watching telly,lifted my head up over the back of the couch and mouthed "**** off" through the window,then lay back down.
    id say he got a lot worse today somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

who the **** is that using our road? :mad:

no don't open the door, don't wanna have to deal with people selling stuff, tv licence inspector etc. Any visitors should be expected, unexpected visitors not good.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    who the **** is that using our road? :mad:

no don't open the door, don't wanna have to deal with people selling stuff, tv licence inspector etc. Any visitors should be expected, unexpected visitors not good.

Aunty Jane and Pat from Kilkenny visiting can f8ck right off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭thebigleap

Aunty Jane and Pat from Kilkenny visiting can f8ck right off!

If they didn't ring ahead, why not? If they're traveling some distance it would make sense to call beforehand to make sure someone's home and/or it's a convenient time to visit.

thebigleap wrote: »
    If they didn't ring ahead, why not? If they're traveling some distance it would make sense to call beforehand to make sure someone's home and/or it's a convenient time to visit.

And if they think they are going to get dinner here with their bawling brats...well, all I'll say is God help them.

They helped put Mum out of Grandda's will, did you know that?:pac:

Advertisement