Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone done the EB (towing a trailer) test?

• 28-01-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

Fairly scan info about it in the Rules of the Road.

Hoping I can find a pro who knows all about it, so I can take 1 lesson. Am confident driving and reversing etc (though depth preception isnt great :eek:), theres no shame is hopping out to see how much further you can go before bashing into something

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I raised this with a few people while waiting around at the last jury service I was called for (perfect demographics for a quiz) anyway out of about 40 people noone had taken the test. Those that had the licence had it from the days where you could tick all the boxes. Noone seemed to think there would ever be any hassle.

If you're doing the test make sure to use a trailer thats appropriately sized to the vehicle, a car trailer on a lwb van is VERY sensitive because the drawbar is too short you'll be making life very hard for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you can at all, use a double axle trailer. They don't kick out as quick reversing than single axle ones and its easier to control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

I've a horsebox, twin axel, and she's grand. Only bother you ever have is if you lock too hard you wont get to correct without pulling out a bit.

I sometimes need to reverse a foot to figure out which way to turn the car steering but never an issue.

Just wondering if they're pedantic about anything like that, e.g. would they fail you for straightening out before completing the reversing?

Sure chances are the tester will barely know either!!

Advertisement