Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccination costs

• 28-01-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what they pay to have their annual booster administered. I have been going to the one vet for years, two very big dogs and a friend of mine said I was paying too much for vaccination, 45 euro per dog. After hearing this I phoned a few vets and couldnt believe the difference in prices. Got a quote from another vet in same location for 33 per dog. I would be saving 24 euro by changing vet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

unfortunatley there is no set pricing guidline for vets so it is always worth you while ringing around..nice saving you made there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

When your dogs get their annual booster does your present vet do a full check up, take temps, look into eyes, ears, check heart etc? If yes, then thats a good price I think, and I would make sure that any new vet does that as well and doesn't just give the vaccination.

I think the yearly check up is really important.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

Yes 33 euros does include a full health check, was the first question I asked them.

Advertisement