Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions regarding RIFT

Options
  • 28-01-2011 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Just wondering is there any one that can answer me a few questions regarding RIFT, just stumbled across it and as some one who's played WoW on and off since about half way through Vanilla i've grown tired of Blizzard and there for ever sterile and disappointing regurgitated content. Yes they are getting better but I just believe RIFT might just not be the step up, but a leap to the top. Amiright?

Any way questions.

In regard to WoW which tends to have a fotm class every patch(or month:P )
    Are the classes in RIFT actually balanced?

Faction
    So, Guardians = Alliance Defiant = Horde?
    Is the game any easier/harder in any way for either faction?

Are there many people with Beta Keys and are they easy to get?

Is there going to be the establishment of an Irish guild any where? :pac:

In regards to WoW what are the pros/cons of Rift over Azeroth and my resto shammy.

Tank/dps/healer - is this still the basic structure of the game yus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Hey folks. Just wondering is there any one that can answer me a few questions regarding RIFT, just stumbled across it and as some one who's played WoW on and off since about half way through Vanilla i've grown tired of Blizzard and there for ever sterile and disappointing regurgitated content. Yes they are getting better but I just believe RIFT might just not be the step up, but a leap to the top. Amiright?

Any way questions.

In regard to WoW which tends to have a fotm class every patch(or month:P )
    Are the classes in RIFT actually balanced?

Faction
    So, Guardians = Alliance Defiant = Horde?
    Is the game any easier/harder in any way for either faction?

Are there many people with Beta Keys and are they easy to get?

Is there going to be the establishment of an Irish guild any where? :pac:

In regards to WoW what are the pros/cons of Rift over Azeroth and my resto shammy.

Tank/dps/healer - is this still the basic structure of the game yus?

No one knows if classes are balanced. It hurts my head the amount of combinations that can be achieved so i don't think we ll ever see a "This build beats all" situation.

Factions are both good but different ideologies technically there are no bad guys. However Defiants are the most popular so roll Guardian please.

Im sure we ll end up making one.

Yeah pretty standard MMO roles with your sub classes (Ie Tank Anti Caster and Anti Meele)

Just to say though that the PVP battlegrounds is horrendously bad and really wouldn't grab my attention. There is also no arena planned AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

We already have a boards guild called "boardsies" on cloudbourne pvp server guardian side:-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

class balances at the moment its only in beta so it really is hard to tell what fotms are and how balanced they are, like stev-o said, there are so much combinations, its just hard to theory craft all of them at this time, when the full talent tree isnt out yet(ie players can only reach level 30)

You cant really compare the factions of WoW to Rift, ok ther are 2 factions, but, just in wow ones not evil and the other is good. at the moment they are just seprated by races, guardian are human dwarf elfs, i am unsure what defiants are.

Beta keys are easy enough to get, there are VIP keys which allow 25 people to use, and people have posted them on the other RIFT thread, have a look there.

A lot of us are currently on cloudbourne server n the guardian side.

Unsure what you mean with pros and cons of rift over azeorth, its a diffrent game, so diffrent styles, and game mechanics.

From what i can see there are tanks/healer/casters/range dps and melee dps. So ya pretty much tank/healer/dps are the norm, this seems to have normilised with mmo throught the years now.

group size are of 5, but a lot of public quests with raids are around the world so you might see yourself in larger groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kandor

The best thing I see over most mmos is that you can switch roles on the fly. I run dps when I solo but I switch to support when doing rifts. Fun is in so many options the are.

Advertisement