Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dear God, the over-moderation.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

hondasam wrote: »
    Are you not happy with the reason sharpshooter gave for moving the thread.

Some of it was perplexing. No explanation for why a thread was moved for being too late (:confused:).

And no explanation for why the thread title was changed. The moderator said he/she got distracted from making a post as to why the thread had been moved, but yet HAD ENOUGH TIME TO CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE. Sorry to shout that bit, but that is the part I really can't believe. Since when has that been OK? And people think it's OK? And the post he said he would have made if not distracted was an in-joke that would not be understood by many members of the site, so would hardly have been very illuminating.

Novella wrote: »
    There aren't many people here agreeing with you about mods being over-bearing though, are there? And you can't seem to think of any other examples to support your claim. You're pissed 'cause your thread was moved, and as far as I can see, you are blowing it completely outta proportion.

*Sigh* I can't remember word for word the thread titles of all the threads I've noticed closed or moved (there have been so many),so it's difficult to search for them. This doesn't mean I don't have anything to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

*Sigh* I can't remember word for word the thread titles of all the threads I've noticed closed or moved (there have been so many),so it's difficult to search for them. This doesn't mean I don't have anything to back it up.

It kinda does...

To be fair though it's easy to see why the moderation on Boards appears heavy handed (at times it is, to the point of being laughable). However for the large part it's justified and if that doesn't suit then unfortunately the forum's just not for you.

Have to say though, the 'piss off back to Digital Spy' attitudes from posters here (mods included) doesn't do anyone any favours and they should know better.

As for the 'too late in the evening' comments, isn't that what the idea of After Hours? The clue is in the name.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It kinda does...

To be fair though it's easy to see why the moderation on Boards appears heavy handed (at times it is, to the point of being laughable). However for the large part it's justified and if that doesn't suit then unfortunately the forum's just not for you.

Have to say though, the 'piss off back to Digital Spy' attitudes from posters here (mods included) doesn't do anyone any favours and they should know better.

As for the 'too late in the evening' comments, isn't that what the idea of After Hours? The clue is in the name.

Though you don't necessarily agree with me, this is a equitable post. I am not a crazy! :) Agree with the bolded bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's nothing got to do with it being a certain time sigh, it is got to do with the kind of posts and thread derailing/flirting you will get in the AMs. Which basically means the thread gets polluted to an extent that it should not be in AH and will be moved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Also, you're a mod, so there's a conflict of interest there.

How exactly is there?
    I'm only a mod of the forums I moderate, otherwise I'm a normal user like yourself.

What your complaining is moderation in forums I don't moderate

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And no explanation for why the thread title was changed. The moderator said he/she got distracted from making a post as to why the thread had been moved, but yet HAD ENOUGH TIME TO CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE.
    No need to shout...

It's really, really quick to rename a thread. It's actually quicker to do than post. A mod only has to double-click the thread title and it becomes an editable field right before their very eyes. Then they press Enter and Poof - new thread title. In less time than it took me to write this, by a factor of 15

Overheal wrote: »
    No need to shout...

It's really, really quick to rename a thread. It's actually quicker to do than post. A mod only has to double-click the thread title and it becomes an editable field right before their very eyes. Then they press Enter and Poof - new thread title. In less time than it took me to write this, by a factor of 15

That doesn't explain *why* it was changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yawn. What was it we were talking about?

looksee wrote: »
    Yawn. What was it we were talking about?

You didn't have to reply...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why did you post about "'Cristiano Ronaldo's GF on the red carpet'" in AH?
    Here is a link to the Celebrity & Showbiz forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ok,

this thread has long since departed the realm of feedback and gone into the lands of "why my thread in particular". The border guards waited for a while to see if it would come back but it hasnt. its emigrated for good.

time for the thread to close.

OP: you asked your question and you got a response, a quite decent response to most, if not all, of your queries. Any more issues you have with the moving of that thread, please PM the mods concerned.

LoLth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement