Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social life for non-drinkers??

• 28-01-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

hi Guys
    myself and my OH, have decided that we're gonna knock the drink on the head for a while.

What is there to do tonight, tomorrow nite that doesnt involve drink? apart from cinema and bowling and bedroom antics?:D dont want to stay in the house either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

Drugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

shag sober

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.
    Hope you get some help here OP. Have a look see if there is some theatre or show you can go to maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

hi Guys
    myself and my OH, have decided that we're gonna knock the drink on the head for a while.

What is there to do tonight, tomorrow nite that doesnt involve drink? apart from cinema and bowling and bedroom antics?:D dont want to stay in the house either

Musical
    Concert
    Theater
    Walk along the beach
    Romantic dinner at home
    Rollerblading
    Canoeing
    Hiking
    Absailing
    Parachute jump
    Cooking course
    etc

or grab a few refreshments and play some xbox/playstation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Go see a play - we're known throughout the world for our playwrights.
    Go to the pub - they do sell non-alcoholic drinks.
    Get dancing lessons
    But, if I had a girlfriend it would be bedroom antics all the way.

• Advertisement

I also recommend cafes, good place to sit and chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Go see a band, maybe. TBH, if you aren't both binge drinkers trying to break bad habits, there's no reason why you can't go to your usual places where alcohol is served to socialize.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

Musical - Good Idea.....ill check to see whats on;)
    Concert - need to buy tickets in advance
    Theater -Good Idea.....ill check to see whats on ;)
    Walk along the beach - in this weather?
    Romantic dinner at home - want to get out of the house
    Rollerblading -nite time thing?
    Canoeing -nite time thing?
    Hiking- nite time thing?
    Absailing - nite time thing?
    Parachute jump - You need to book to do one - wouldnt think they'd do them at nite?
    Cooking course - You'd need to sign up for one
    etc

or grab a few refreshments and play some xbox/playstation...this is an every weekday occurance in my home..lol

James2693 wrote: »
    Drugs?
    trying to stay off them too :rolleyes:

Rabies wrote: »
    shag sober
    Do that every morning, im talking bout nite-time events;)
    i suppose we could try late nite out door s*x somewhere , that would be something different....:)

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    Go see a band, maybe. TBH, if you aren't both binge drinkers trying to break bad habits, there's no reason why you can't go to your usual places where alcohol is served to socialize.
    i know what we're like, if we go to a pub, we'll end up saying 'a feck it we'll just have one' and then it will lead to 2, 3 , FLOOR....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 NKearney50

Facebook has a page called things to do on the dry in dublin.

They send you a message every Friday with stuff that is on.

Some great things to do on it and some also for free.

Yes this country revolves around the ole booze but there is plenty to do.....you wont know yourself in a few weeks if u stay off it!

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Just back from a scrumptious dinner in Findlaters Howth -with herself - around the 50 euro mark

If you are serious about treating yourselves well on a budget make an effort to do nice things and Boards Deals do cool weekends away etc

http://www.boardsdeals.ie/recent-deals/

If in Dublin - the Galleries like IMMA on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon are nice and romantic

http://www.imma.ie/en/index.htm

Theatre - some are quite cheap

http://www.dublinevents.com/events/theatres/

And if my partner wasn't against greyhound racing - I would go to Shelbourne Park a bit

Fcek - when I post going to Shelbourne Park a Boards deal comes up to taunt me

http://du103w.dub103.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=home&livecom=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Quick ilovefridays -grab the boards deal - you can get brownie points for valentines day :D

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

header.png Today's Deal:
    €30 for a €60 Gift Voucher to be used at any Change Lingerie store a5ae726c5f5bc7d90d3d7e895cc55d43.jpg €30

Save 50%

viewnow.png
    Dressing from the inside out can make every woman feel fantastic...now is the time to update that inside wardrobe at an affordable price. Maybe you can give the beautiful woman in your life a gift that will make her feel and look amazing.

Pay just €30 for a gift voucher worth €60 to be spent at any of Change Lingerie's six stores nationwide with today's Boards Deal.

Why go to Change?
    Well - there are some very good reasons to buy all your lingerie in a Change store.
    Change stock 90 different bra sizes and 8 different bra models which are all available in cups up to a J cup. They offer many designs to ensure you get the bra that fits perfectly. Between all the beautiful basics, and luxurious fashion, t...
    Read More »
    Recommend this deal!
    fb_25x25.pngtwitter_25x25.pngemail_25x25.png
    Terms:
    - Not valid with any other offers including sale items
    - Voucher valid for 3 months
    - Valid in all outlets - Dublin (Pavilions and Omni Shopping Centres), Limerick, Galway, Navan, Dundalk
    - Must redeem full value of voucher in one visit

Payment options:
    cc_laser_nl.pngcc_mc_nl.png

she may call you a lech -but it will be worth it :D

Advertisement