Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily UPC packet loss

• 28-01-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone,

New to the forums, and hoping maybe someone could help me.

I have UPC 30mb Broadband and since the start of December I have had consistant daily packet loss. Sometimes its on peak times, other times it seems random. It ranges from 2% to 30% loss on inbound/outbound data.

Until last week the times the loss was occuring seemed random, but now its generally after 9pm in the evening.

To note I have the pre-UPC era Scientific Atlanta modem which im wired in directly, and im resident in Templeogue.

I've been onto their customer support multiple times now and im just being brushed off, one of the guys there did admit that there was noise on the network when I was at that time experiancing about 14% loss. Then said he would resync my modem and that should fix it. 20 minutes later its back.

I have a whole trail of emails with their technical support and each time I deal with them its like its a new problem.:mad::mad:

The funny thing is when I go into cmd and ping google it shows 0% loss, but connected on ts3 looking at my connection I can see and hear the loss occuring. With this in mind could they be shaping my connection?

I really hope someone could offer some insight.

Regards,

Mavvvy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭chka

Same here with 20mb line in Lucan, with random blocks of lost packages averaging to 1-10% loss. I also have a trail of emails with their tech support but no solution to my problem.

Just now ...
    --- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
    500 packets transmitted, 450 packets received, 10.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 9.816/37.579/2180.523/144.539 ms

Advertisement