Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WLR Add

• 28-01-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

That Gym add on WLR is driving me insane..

oohhh AAhhh want to feel this good join the ****** Gym

Sounds like two 70 year olds shagging

Doubt the add works for Gym concerned as I can't even remember the name of the Gym after hearing the add 100 times.. to busy saying to myself ffs not that stupid add again aaaaaahhhhhh:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tags

I know what you mean. The aul fella and myself were making a cup of tea the other day when that ad came on the radio. Awkward silence lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Agree Completely. Its a terrible ad. The only time I'd listen to WLR is at lunch time and its so annoying that it would put you off your food.

Oh, and its for Goldstone gym or similar sounding name maybe..I know because the ad has made me decide I hate the place without ever having been there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

thank God Tags & Mecco I'm not alone.... they should use it in Guantanamo bay if they really want to torture the detainees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I dont listen much to WLR but its on beat the whole time,and yeah i dont think it is catchy because after hearing over 30 times i only realised it was for goldstone,here is a quote from there facebook about it.
    Anyone heard our new radio advert yet?? Playing on Beat FM and WLR FM right now and for the next few weeks. It's causing a bit of a stir!! ;) So tell us what you think? All comments welcome!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Truly awful ad, Without giving to much away I know a guy who deals with them and he was on the phone in Work when said add cane on, the women in the office start shouting how awful an ad it is and who was in the other end of the phone but the owner Of Gladstone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Funfair wrote: »

Doubt the add works for Gym concerned as I can't even remember the name of the Gym after hearing the add 100 times.. to busy saying to myself ffs not that stupid add again aaaaaahhhhhh:)

Reminds me of Full Metal Jacket

'Private Pile, you climb obstacles like old people f**k'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Everytime I hear it I turn off the radio,I didn't even know what the add was for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Always playing on 'bleat 102 ,sounds like a constipated couple of wlr djs stuck on bogs out the broadcast centre

"Wanna feel that good"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

All the ads on WLR are usually cheesy and plain awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

lads get over yourselves will ye its just an add and yes obviously its working it has ye talking sadly in a wrong way! But don,t judge a book by its cover! ! I,m big into my weights and have been a member of many a gym over the years and i find this gym to be top notch. Ye should pop down and take a look for yourselves. There very good on price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Such a stupid ad!! I hears it everyday at home!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Thought it was very cheesy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

All the ads on WLR are usually cheesy and plain awful.

T'sure what else were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

I like that ad.

It gives me the horn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

What do you expect from two terrible radio stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

And this, my friends, is yet another reason I don't listen to WLR or Beat. I remember my aunt used to always have WLR on in the house and, bad and all as I found most of the programming, it was the ads that grated most.

I must say I like beat breakfast but apart from that I generally give Radio a very wide berth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

ziedth wrote: »
    I must say I like beat breakfast but apart from that I generally give Radio a very wide berth.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Seriously? It's actually the most inappropriate ad I've ever heard on that radio.. Like the awkwardness when you're in the car and someone walks past and hears that..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

newportwex wrote: »

?

• Advertisement

Ya ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

yet another great post by newportwex!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Does the fact ye're all talking about it mean the ad has done its job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It depends on what you call "done it's job". Some ads are so bad that it puts the product/place in such a negative light that it puts people right of it.

If whoever is paying for such a bad ad. goes along with it then it's their own fault if they lose potential business or have whatever they're marketing seen in such a poor light.

There are certain products that I will not buy because I've been so turned off the ads about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

It actually has in this case. I've gone and looked up the gym since just to try find out more about the whole thing and I've noticed that the gym really looks the business.

Still hate that ad though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

That's great input Newportwex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Funfair wrote: »

It is getting people talking, so it must be working, to an extent anyway.

that add is being played ALLOT during the day so I'm sure they have payed a tidy sum of money for it so I'm sure they need a few people to sign up for it.

Having said that anyone who remembers daft dave and the right price tiles adds might be surprised to know that sales jumped the bones of 30% when they aired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    Having said that anyone who remembers daft dave and the right price tiles adds might be surprised to know that sales jumped the bones of 30% when they aired.

Thats wrecking my head. I remember an ad with daft dave. How did it go again?

• Advertisement

Hard to explain I had a quick you tube but no joy.

Basically it was a guy who kinda sounds like Dustin the turkey going on about various tiles and their prices and blowing on about a monkey.

Advertisement