Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take-aways in Waterford, which is the best?

• 28-01-2011 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Do many pubs in waterford still offer the option of taking away a few cans or whatever at the end of a night? I haven't seen this happen for a while

If so, which ones offer the best selection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

I believe the phrase you should have refered to is "off licence" (i.e. a store that sells alcoholic beverages for consumption elsewhere; A shop selling alcohol for consumption only off the premises) not "take away" (of or involving food to be taken and eaten off the premises; "takeout pizza"; "the takeout counter";`take-away' ).

On a finer point do you frequent public houses just to see if people get beverages to bring home for some afters? As for the merits of each of Waterford's off licences why not peruse their multifarious websites. Failing that spend your day, evening or leisure time visiting each in person to see what they can supply you with viz a vis your alcohol consumption preferences. Better still why not save this pleasure for the weekend & you can regale your work colleagues with your pearls of wisdom in the works caffeteria at Monday morning break.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I believe the phrase you should have refered to is "off licence" (i.e. a store that sells alcoholic beverages for consumption elsewhere; A shop selling alcohol for consumption only off the premises) not "take away" (of or involving food to be taken and eaten off the premises; "takeout pizza"; "the takeout counter";`take-away' ).

On a finer point do you frequent public houses just to see if people get beverages to bring home for some afters? As for the merits of each of Waterford's off licences why not peruse their multifarious websites. Failing that spend your day, evening or leisure time visiting each in person to see what they can supply you with viz a vis your alcohol consumption preferences. Better still why not save this pleasure for the weekend & you can regale your work colleagues with your pearls of wisdom in the works caffeteria at Monday morning break.
    ;)
    .........Yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

;)

So you don't know then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

newportwex wrote: »
    Do many pubs in waterford still offer the option of taking away a few cans or whatever at the end of a night? I haven't seen this happen for a while

If so, which ones offer the best selection?

Legally pubs can no longer sell take away drink at closing time. This is due to the licensing laws implemented a few years ago which set down closing time of 10pm. This measure was put in place to stop people buying drink at closing time and continuing drinking into the early hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

But ya can still get takeaways in alot of places. Never even occured to me that buyin cans from the bar at half 1 would have anythin to do with the off licence laws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Revoloution do it now. €10 for 3 cans.

Advertisement