Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog from Dublin to perth

Options
  • 28-01-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for advice from people who have brought their pets to Oz, I have got all the information on import licences and quarantine. i just looking for information on flights, who did you book them with? or did you use a pet relocation company? and the rough cost of the flight.
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I know we do this a lot but this is another one for britishexpats.com, loads of people have imported pets on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i know a friend of mine brought his dog home from australia a few months back and he said it cost the bones of $6kaus:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

We used Golden Arrow to ship our dog over. Nowhere in Ireland does a proper service - they'll stick a few pictures of cats and dogs on their website, but in fact they're just freight companies and don't really give a crap. They're based in the UK - they have kennels on site, so look after the dog for a few days to get it used to its travel box. They also collected him from Holyhead for us (my dad took him over on the ferry).

They were fantastic to deal with - there are a lot of hoops to jump through - I wouldn't fancy looking after it myself - and it does cost a bit - think I spent around 6/7K shipping our guy - a larger dog would cost more (ours is a chihuahua)

Might also add that the kennel staff at quarantine were fantastic - really looked after the dog, and he suffered no ill effects (he's a nervous dog by nature).

Advertisement