Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay contract

Options
  • 28-01-2011 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi

About 5 months ago i decided to take the plunge and get a bill pay phone,bill pay smart 30 and the nokia 6700(at €29),i previously had the 20euro a month free texts any network(and how i wish everyday i stayed with it) anyway my bill in the 5 months has twice been over €60 n rest at least €45 so when i rang to cancel they wanted over €400!!!:mad:i know i signed up but that ridiculous and also the screen cracked luckily i had insurance at 8 a month when i rang CPP (the insurer) they wanted 35euro to replace the the phone and the phone worth €29!!!

can anyone please help i wanna get out of it asap but dunno wat do!wud they take me to court if i just cancelled direct debit??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

when you bought the phone with your contract it was available at a discounted price. this does not reflect the true value of the phone. assuming it's the classic version you have you can see that it costs a lot more than 29 euro without your discount http://www.expansys.ie/nokia-6700-classic-uk-silver-178270/

the 35 euro to replace the phone - this is more than likely the policy excess and this would be a standard feature in most insurance contracts (travel, motor, home, etc).

i would suggest you contact meteor, find out why your bills are so high and see if they can recommend a plan that better suits your needs.

if you are genuinely having trouble paying your bills then i suggest (a) stop using your phone and (b) contact meteor and discuss any other options you may have. the 400 euro they wanted to charge is more than likely the remainder of your contract * monthly cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

Thank you

Is it possible to switch back from bill pay to pay as you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Dick Burns wrote: »
    Thank you

Is it possible to switch back from bill pay to pay as you go?
    Yes, but this is still terminating your contract early so you will still be charged the 400odd euro they wanted.

Advertisement