Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a site (Without PP) as collateral/deposit for a mortgage

Options
  • 28-01-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Using a site (Without PP) as collateral/deposit for a mortgage

Hi All,

Sorry for yey another ''Site'' Question :)

But just a quick one,

My broker has told me that I am short 10k for a house that I really really like. Would hope to buy house for Max 218k

I have the deposit at LTV of 92%

Extra 10k is for - Fee's/Samp Duty/Home Furnishings (Floors/Tiling/Beds/Sofas/Fridge/Etc ie. New Build

I have a Site 0.75Acre on my parents farm signed in my name, yet has no PP (do not want to go down that route either)

Could this work in my favor with the bank to secure the extra 10k? or am I wasting my time with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

You can try they will probably laugh at you. Firstly 3/4 of an acre of agri land wont be worth 10 grand.

Secondly the deposit isnt just as colateral it is also an indicator of somebody who is financialy prudent to the point they have been able to save up this money.

The last thing a bank wants if you default is 2 depreciating assets (agri land has fallen in value aswell)

like I said try but I dont think you have a hope,

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DrBass

TBH its what I am thinking too, It's basically my last throw of the dice to get the mortgage

I have the required deposit already saved for the house, its just I never factored in that banks would not allow for furnishings to be included in that

Oh well, Ive emailed by advisor, so i'll see next week what the outcome is, not holding my breath tho

ps anyone got a short term loan of 10k ?? :D

Advertisement