Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game suggestion

Options
  • 28-01-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

OK, so I finished a 6 month course toady and I've set aside €15 (yes, that much) as a reward.

I'm thinking that either Monday Night Combat or BC2: Vietnam would fit the bill. Is there a general consensus of which is better? Or perhaps there is some other budget gem I'm missing :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

OK, so I finished a 6 month course toady and I've set aside €15 (yes, that much) as a reward.

I'm thinking that either Monday Night Combat or BC2: Vietnam would fit the bill. Is there a general consensus of which is better? Or perhaps there is some other budget gem I'm missing :confused:

Would you not just buy a full game?.. Mass Effect 2 is only 6euro on gamestop.ie/madness with 2euro for postage maybe that would interest you?... I would probably go for BC2 Vietnam but you do need BC2 to play the add on... Also most people go off playing arcade games online after a while (at least this is generally the case)..

Try pick up a bargain and buy a decent full game with your money is what I think... If you can stretch it I think Enslaved is 20euro in Xtra Vision..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Would you not just buy a full game?.. Mass Effect 2 is only 6euro on gamestop.ie/madness with 2euro for postage maybe that would interest you?... I would probably go for BC2 Vietnam but you do need BC2 to play the add on... Also most people go off playing arcade games online after a while (at least this is generally the case)..

Try pick up a bargain and buy a decent full game with your money is what I think... If you can stretch it I think Enslaved is 20euro in Xtra Vision..

If Mass Effect 2 is only 8 euro and you haven't played it yet definitely pick that up. An absolute steal at that price being one of the best games of last year with decent replay value to boot.:D

Also have a look at Steam if you have it, you can pick up some serious bargains of past classics.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I have BC2 already (you may refer to me as Chief Warrant Officer Cradock) so the getting the expansion is not a problem. But cheers on the ME2 heads-up. I could get that and still have enough for a pint :)

::Edit::

Hummm ... looks like that €6 offer is only for xbox. I should have said I'm looking for PC games - preferably digital downloads. I checked Steam and BC2:Vietnam Monday Night Combat took my fancy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have BC2 already (you may refer to me as Chief Warrant Officer Cradock) so the getting the expansion is not a problem. But cheers on the ME2 heads-up. I could get that and still have enough for a pint :)

::Edit::

Hummm ... looks like that €6 offer is only for xbox. I should have said I'm looking for PC games - preferably digital downloads. I checked Steam and BC2:Vietnam Monday Night Combat took my fancy.

Keep an eye on here then:

http://www.facebook.com/eaflashdeals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I actually got MNC in the end. It's OK. Just OK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement