Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Schedule?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭

Was sad to hear today that it was the last show for Simon and Phantom Daily. He mentioned something about a new schedule starting on Monday. Any details of this anywhere?

I liked Phantom daily :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Richie Ryan just said something similar. This sounds terrible.

Simon wished "Alison" well at the end of his show, is Alison Curtis making the move to Phantom? Her show finished this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Richie McCormack's ad for Monday's Pure Morning said it's starting at 6, so if it's starting earlier it's probably ending earlier - don't know how it'll knock on to Finest Worksongs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

So who's replacing Richie Ryan I wonder? Would love to see Jack Hyland back, or John Cadell deserves an earlier slot IMO. Always enjoyed him when he subbed for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Richie McCormack's ad for Monday's Pure Morning said it's starting at 6, so if it's starting earlier it's probably ending earlier - don't know how it'll knock on to Finest Worksongs...

And now we've had Michelle's ad for Monday's FW - 10 till 2

So, what's known so far:

06.00 - 10.00 Pure Morning
    10.00 - 14.00 Finest Worksongs
    14.00 - ? Alison Curtis' talk show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Alison Curtis is doing a talk show from 2pm, yes. Claire B is also joining Phantom (from Spin 1038). Not sure what slot she'll be in.

Was also disappointed to see Phantom Daily go .. was an emotional show today. Thread about it on Radio forum here.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jesus, couldn't believe it when I heard Simon and Richie were being replaced, just ridiculous, no offence to Alison Curtis and Claire B, but just no!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

maybe Tom Dunne's show replacing Ritchie's?

hopefully if it is, it's all music, seeing as it's apparently being pre-recorded.

might be a reason for me to switch on Phantom during the day, as I sure as hell won't be tuning in throughout the day to hear "text us in your favourite colour socks" in between The Coronas, Adele, or whatever godawful nonsense Phantom are peddling in the weekday shows these days as "indie rock".

will be interesting to see where Claire B fits in, not only to the schedule, but also in style of show. anytime I've heard her on Spin, they're playing Usher, Rihanna, etc., so it's hard to judge, although I can't imagine it's going to be a Jim Carroll style show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 BrianDaly

Hi all, new weekday day time schedule is posted on this board and also over on phantom.ie

Brian Daly
    Phantom 105.2

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Oh god, oh no...word is on the street that Vogue from Fade St may be doing something with Phantom - say it isn't so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Is there some sort of push in Phantom to get rid of all the men?

I hardly tune in at all in the afternoons now that Simon and Richie are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blue5

I don't mean to be bad but this sketch pops into my head every time I now tune into Phantom in the afternoon :( Family Guy sketch based on The View :

That topic of phobias has been done to death on the radio, you can listen to any station in the world and hear that, not an interesting 'Phantom' discussion
    :(

Advertisement