Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus service to Ballybane?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I'm starting a new job in Glenrock Business Park in Ballybane next week. Is there a bus that goes anywhere near it?

I've looked this up but it looks like there is none on the tuam road side anyway?

I don't think the 5E Ballybane bus goes near it either. Would appreciate any help on this! :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The Castlepark bus No. 3 goes close enough with a few minutes walk

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    The Castlepark bus No. 3 goes close enough with a few minutes walk

+1 ... except that the No 3 is called Ballybrit (except for the 7:40am which really is called Castlepark)

The Ballybrit neighbourhood map shows the area, including bus route and stops.

Ballybane Industrial Estate is number 1. Glenrock Business Park is inside that: a layout map that shows exactly where is still being built. Just checked my notes, and Glenrock is closer to the Tuam Rd end, but actually it's a manageable walk from either end. Either way you have to cross a roundabout. Except if the HP factory-run bus happens to suit you - still a bit of a walk, but shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Boofle

Thanks! Thats a great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

It might also be worth while checking if a bus goes all the way down to Boston Scientific. There is a pedestrian access under the pylons which leads out to Bothar na Mine depending exactly on where your job is located. See maps. Check it out on your lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It might also be worth while checking if a bus goes all the way down to Boston Scientific. There is a pedestrian access under the pylons which leads out to Bothar na Mine depending exactly on where your job is located. See maps. Check it out on your lunch break.

That's the HP bus (only one per day).

That pedestrian access is freaky: I'm not one to be spooked by EMR, but walking right underneath a pylon does my head in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement