Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a new fta hd sat reciever with card reader

• 28-01-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

hi folks i am going to treat myself to a new dual box which can decode the saor view signal, a recording facility is required, the hard drive does not need to be a monster, 300 euro max less is better, i have a 90 cm dish with 4 lnbs, what wouldn you folks recemond, i use a ctf + card. thanks for all you advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Saorsat needs: DVB-S2, MPEG4 inc L4, HE-AAC, MHEG5
    Diseqc for more than one Feed.
    "Freesat HD" set-box certified includes MHEG5, but not always Diseqc. Needed for true EPG and series link on Freesat, as Freesat uses a proprietary EPG system (not MHEG5 or DVB-EIT).

Saorsat also needs Ka LNBF. It will have DVB-EIT EPG, may use MHEG5 or some other method for PVR/Series link.

No card reader needed unless you getting mainland Europe Pay TV.

Doing "freesat" 100% compatible may be incompatible with community patched open Linux boxes for Euro Pay TV.

Sagecom "Freesat HD" no Diseqc, But non-Freesat Sagecom DVB-S2 HD box with Diseqc has no UK EPG, MHEG5 or Interactive.
    Humax, Technisat.

There is not much below €300 with dual tuners, HD, DVB-S2 and included Hard Drive. If anything?

Advertisement