Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adjustable mounts

Options
  • 28-01-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi lads, fitting a scope to the .22 I had it away for repairs, the spring was dislodged, and £20 for the fix, not to bad. Before i fitted it I set the optical center, by placing a mirrow on a table then set the scope on it, OL face down, then looking down through the eye piece you will see two cross hairs, by moving your elevation and windage adjust them untill one is on top of the other, I believe this optical center.Am I right in this?.
    Fitted the scope on to the sportmatch mounts and at 50 yds, I am 10" low and 7" right of target. I think this is too much to adjust on the turrets and I would rather take it up on adjustable mounts. What is your experience with these type of mounts.
    Another point to think over, if I am 10" low at 50yds and 50yds is half MOA, would that mean I would be 20" over @ 100 yds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

"What is your experience with these type of mounts."
    I found the mounts did exactly what you are wanting and they never moved after being setup.

"Another point to think over, if I am 10" low at 50yds and 50yds is half MOA, would that mean I would be 20" over @ 100 yds"
    Yes in theory but the22lr bullet will drop even more so it will be greater than 20"

I used these and have a set in the For sale section that will bring the scope as near centre as can be got. Only €35.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056130288
    Try turning the mounts the other way round with the dovetail screws on the opposite side to get the windage as near centre as possible.

sportsmatchATPmounts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

tried turnning the mounts for windage, still the same results, going to have to go for both elevation and windage adjustment mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

jmcp wrote: »
    tried turnning the mounts for windage, still the same results, going to have to go for both elevation and windage adjustment mounts.

Sportsmatch do a set for the 22lr with 9-11mm dovetails. £65

30mm = ATP66
    1" = ATP65

atp66.jpg

Advertisement