Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone!

Options
  • 28-01-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭

I broke my old phone (Nokia 5800) last week, so I'm on the hunt now for a new phone. I'd prefer to stay under €200, well under if possible, for a similar enough phone, or at least not too much of a step down! Any advice appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you want a touch screen again?

Are you on payg? what network?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Knew i'd leave stuff out.... I'd probably prefer a touch screen again but i could go either way really. I'm on PAYG, O2 at the moment but I'm thinking of changing to meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you want touchscreen I would probably suggest the X8 for under €200, if you want to stick with nokia have a look at the E5. Both should be on o2 and meteor. If you do go for o2, you wont be able to switch to meteor and visa versa without the unlock code

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

just been to castlebar meteor this deal is over in 2 days. basically you get a choice of the samsung galaxy s, the htc desire or the nokia n8 absolutely free then its 30 a month for 18 month contract or 35 for 12 month this includes 200 texts 200 mins 1gb data and free talk and text to any meteor mobile.

it takes 3 days for the free talk and text to kick in

the cover for the galaxy s is 24.99 in carphone warehouse

buy it here for 3.75

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BLACK-LEATHER-FLIP-CASE-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S-i9000-/230566902524?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item35aedbbafc#ht_3170wt_1139

• Registered Users Posts: 22,349 ✭✭✭✭Esel

superfish wrote: »
    just been to castlebar meteor this deal is over in 2 days. basically you get a choice of the samsung galaxy s, the htc desire or the nokia n8 absolutely free then its 30 a month for 18 month contract or 35 for 12 month this includes 200 texts 200 mins 1gb data and free talk and text to any meteor mobile.

buy it here for 3.75

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BLACK-LEATHER-FLIP-CASE-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S-i9000-/230566902524?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item35aedbbafc#ht_3170wt_1139
    Print and bring this voucher for 25% off those rates! :Dhttp://www.groupscheme.com/ie/vouchers/voucher-meteor.php?real-domain=hssroi.groupscheme.com

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »

serious dam i already done the deal ah well feck it now no biggie but cheers

serious dam i already done the deal ah well feck it now no biggie but cheers
    You can still use the voucher by extending your contract by 6 months.

If currently on Smart €35/12 months, you will then have to pay €26.25/18 months (effectively you're getting the extra 6 months for €52.50 in total).

If currently on €30/18 months, you will then have to pay €22.50/24 months (effectively getting the extra 6 months for free).

Came up in the free Galaxy/Desire BA thread.

NB You can only do this in an official Meteor Store. Castlebar is not, apparently.

Not your ornery onager

If currently on Smart €35/12 months, you will then have to pay €26.25/18 months (effectively you're getting the extra 6 months for €52.50 in total).

If currently on €30/18 months, you will then have to pay €22.50/24 months (effectively getting the extra 6 months for free).

NB You can only do this in an official Meteor Store. Castlebar is not, apparently.
    I went for the 18month 30euro pm contract dont fancy extending that but to be honest its a great deal as is I absolutely love the galaxy s my bro has the desire i prefer the galaxy by far just need to find some cool apps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

ZTE blade ???

I went for the 18month 30euro pm contract dont fancy extending that but to be honest its a great deal as is I absolutely love the galaxy s my bro has the desire i prefer the galaxy by far just need to find some cool apps
    I would have thought it's a no-brainer for you. Pay the same total amount for 18 months service or 24 months service.....

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

I would have thought it's a no-brainer for you. Pay the same total amount for 18 months service or 24 months service.....

oh ya i know what your saying but the thing is as part of my contract i have to keep this phone until the bitter end and 18 month long enough as it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You have been reading my posts:D

IMO I think any Meteor plan is super value when you factor in the 25% discount with that voucher scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Wow, I currently going to join meteor billpay. can I use this?? do I just bring it in to any store?

I'm looking at going for a 12 month contract

Cheers,

SF

You have been reading my posts:D

IMO I think any Meteor plan is super value when you factor in the 25% discount with that voucher scheme.
    Maybe... :D But I did link where I saw it, and expanded the info by giving figures for actual savings for people who extend by six months....
    superfrank wrote: »
    Wow, I currently going to join meteor billpay. can I use this?? do I just bring it in to any store?

I'm looking at going for a 12 month contract

Cheers,

SF
    Any official Meteor Store.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Vego wrote: »
    ZTE blade ???

what he said
    Got mine €153 incl delivery!
    More RAM and same CPU as the best Nokia! :p

Maybe... :D But I did link where I saw it, and expanded the info by giving figures for actual savings for people who extend by six months....

Any official Meteor Store.

Also could I use this Voucher with any deals? e.g. getting the deal outlined in this forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056158480&page=21

Thanks,

SF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

buy it here for 3.75

that case is only 10 euro in my local cpw lol ???

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Also could I use this Voucher with any deals? e.g. getting the deal outlined in this forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056158480&page=21
    They're basically two separate deals, but you can combine them (assuming the free handsets are still available?).

Pick up the handset deal with the relevant contract = Free handset (authorised store)
    Extend the contract by 6 months and apply the 25% discount = Reduced tariff (official store)

Some seem to have reported an issue applying the discount to the lower tariffs though. Might be due to staff confusion or possibly due to an increase in takeup (directly linked to Kristopherus ;))? Might be worth double checking with your local official store in advance to confirm its availability on your proposed plan in advance.

They're basically two separate deals, but you can combine them (assuming the free handsets are still available?).

Pick up the handset deal with the relevant contract = Free handset (authorised store)
    Extend the contract by 6 months and apply the 25% discount = Reduced tariff (official store)

Some seem to have reported an issue applying the discount to the lower tariffs though. Might be due to staff confusion or possibly due to an increase in takeup (directly linked to Kristopherus ;))? Might be worth double checking with your local official store in advance to confirm its availability on your proposed plan in advance.

Great thanks!

caspa307 wrote: »
    that case is only 10 euro in my local cpw lol ???

thats a joke lol my local in claremorris wants 25 for the leather case and 9.99 for a silicone cover they think us boggers are stupid ya see :D

• Advertisement

I just rang Meteor to find out Could I use this 25% deal. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Can anybody give me tips on using it. Print it off and do I tell them I have a family member who works for a certain company?

She asked me was it the friends & family offer, I said yes and she said that offer allows €25 off 2 specific bill pay plans ??

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

She asked me was it the friends & family offer, I said yes and she said that offer allows €25 off 2 specific bill pay plans ??
    That's a different offer.

The friends and family offer gives the smart 50 contract (and obviously another, presumably the connect version closest to smart 50) at half price (so €25p/m rather than €50p/m for 400 mins, 400 texts and 2GB data). You need a voucher code emailed to you from an eircom/meteor employee for this one.

The offer you're looking for is a groupscheme. Simply print off the voucher, bring it to your local 'official' meteor store (not an authorised store - I think you're based in Mayo, so Sligo/Galway for you [woops, just spotted it's superfish not you in Mayo]), sign the updated contract (extending your term for 6 months to avail of it) and you're done. (Worth calling your local official store in advanced to confirm)

Advertisement