Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[OUTAGE] Eircom broadband down in Southeast

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

back in New Ross within the last hour or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

exspes wrote: »
    does anyone actually have a list of what towns and cities upc provide for and any upcoming ones, i remember when eircom switched to 24 meg there was a clear list of all the exchanges being updated with the ADSL2+

There are maps on UPC showing upgrade areas in Dublin.

Though there are areas with BB that the UPC maps don't show.

Ring UPC.

It's basically the main cities and some larger towns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Still down in Kildare town are the even trying to fix it ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭exspes

would be really nice to see UPC go country wide and give eircon a run for their money. some actually competition instead of eircom resold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Anyone else back up but without public IP subnets and just router IP only?

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

UTV connection was down yesterday evening, backup this morning but went down again but now back up again.

Believe parents Perlico connection is still down, least it was around 2pm as they called me looking for tech support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Eircom connection in Tramore, haven't had any problems, and don't usually. Probably Eircom is a bit expensive but I have found it completely reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

monasterevin exchange really bad parents dl speed is ok but ping is over 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

Still dead in Newbridge since some time early Friday morning.

looksee wrote: »
    Eircom connection in Tramore, haven't had any problems, and don't usually. Probably Eircom is a bit expensive but I have found it completely reliable.

eircom use a secret component in their exchanges known only as 'spiders webs and fairy dust' sometimes the pixies that put it in get it right but more often than not they don't :P i had a single eircom bb connection for about...7 years, consistantly updated from 512kb to 24mb and i always had the same problems with it no matter how many times they said they'd fixed it. i dont use it anymore (home house) but any time i do it goes down frequently, i'd be amazed if it worked for 24 hours continuously since they updated to 'ngb'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I'm with Vodafone (formerly BT, switched whether I wanted to or not.)

Mine went off yesterday (Fri) evening around 6pm and has only just now (about 20 mins ago) come back on.

I heard on news yesterday afternoon that BB in parts of Wicklow, Kildare and Offaly were down and eircom were working to fix it asap.

Rang Vodafone 1907 this afternoon and they had recorded message on Tech Support line saying "regions" of Wexford, Waterford, Wicklow, Kildare, Arklow, Gorey and Courtown Harbour were having problems and that engineers were working on it. (Don't know if they meant Counties WX, WD, WW, KE and towns of Arklow, Gorey etc or all metioned were towns)

I was w/out for just over 24 hrs. Sounds crazy to me for it to be going off and on all over the place!

I hope whoever is at "ground zero" of the problem has it sorted. I had serious stuff I needed to do today!

We'll really lure big corporations to come here with this sort of service, eh? roight.

Ban

I hope whoever is at "ground zero" of the problem has it sorted. I had serious stuff I needed to do today!

we believe you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

My neighbours, one closer n one otherwise of me from the cleariestown, Wexford exchange with eircom n VF now have bb back. I don't. Connects to router but not to internet. Like this since yesterday morning. Tried all the usual steps. IBB say it is connecting to the local exchange but is not connecting from there and my routing from there could be different to neighbours. They say 20k customers out yesterday now down to 8k. No ETA. Using phone for this. Will check back here if anyone has an update please post. Thx. I

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kc56

eiei0 wrote: »
    Still down in Kildare town are the even trying to fix it ???
    Still dead at 20:37. Using my tethered android for comms....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭_John C

Like this since thursday night in carrick-on-suir.

DSL
    Availableeircom broadband
    DisconnectedUser Name
    eircom@eircom.net
    IP Address
    IP Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    Name server not available
    Unavailable
    Secondary DNS Server
    Unavailable
    Speed
    7168/384 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    22/15 dB

On dial up at the mo, Ill manage on that for now. 75c per hour which aint too bad. Browsing not too bad with dial up even though Im used to the 7mb connection (Now I remember why I got broadband). Neighbour right across the road has his back since late last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭_John C

I retract my statment "Browsing not too bad with dial up".

Its starting to do me head in. But at least I have internet access.

Anyone know what happened in Waterford? I called support today and the support guy said that they have to replace alot of cards in the exchanges. What would cause "alot of cards" to fail ???

power spike maybe? loose wiring maybe? what i find insane is that they're gonna send you and me and everyone our bills next month like it was no big deal, 'um no it was, please remove 1/30th of my bill for every day my internet was off'

Well DSL is back here in Waterford, public IPs have reappeared too. One hell of a few days though.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

razor_ryan wrote: »
    Your probably on UPC which was'nt affected
    why would I post in an eircom thread if I was on upc. I'm on eircom

seanybiker wrote: »
    why would I post in an eircom thread if I was on upc. I'm on eircom
    You might have been a on different Waterford exchange which was not affected?

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Just dropped again in enniscorthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I was listening to the news yesterday when it was reported that all users were back on line. I wasn't!
    Pulled out the old netopia and spent 45 minute on the phone with a very helpful guy trying unsuccessfully to get a DSL light.
    Eventually we gave up and it was going to be escalated.. probably 3-4 days to get someone to look at it.

Today I just tried again and working fine!
    Anyone any ideas what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sadieirl

Use your neighbours BB
    _John C wrote: »
    Like this since thursday night in carrick-on-suir.

DSL
    Availableeircom broadband
    DisconnectedUser Name
    eircom@eircom.net
    IP Address
    IP Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    Unavailable
    Secondary DNS Server
    Unavailable
    Speed
    7168/384 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    22/15 dB

On dial up at the mo, Ill manage on that for now. 75c per hour which aint too bad. Browsing not too bad with dial up even though Im used to the 7mb connection (Now I remember why I got broadband). Neighbour right across the road has his back since late last night.

Just dropped again in enniscorthy

happened to me too, just went to bed after, didnt see when it came back but it was back this morning for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,825 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Was still flaky here this morning, but resetting the router/modem to factory settings cleared it. <shrug> I don't know why, but it was hanging on to something from its configuration that was choking it. Crappy Zyxel P660-HW modem.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

that router is really the worst router in the universe...they must have cost eircom a euro each or something...

that router is really the worst router in the universe...they must have cost eircom a euro each or something...
    It's superficially neat, but a dog really. I've just hooked up my old Netopia, which was always more reliable (but that's not saying much).

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    It's superficially neat, but a dog really. I've just hooked up my old Netopia, which was always more reliable (but that's not saying much).

that's great if ya have 7mb but with 24 you cant do that :(

that's great if ya have 7mb but with 24 you cant do that :(
    Hah, I dream of 7mb, never mind 24.
    Back on topic - the service is still going up and down like a whore's drawers here.

• Advertisement

Nah. If you want the worlds worst router, the 2wire piece of junk is it. The thing was locked so that public IP ranges could not be added. The interface was written by someone obviously watching the Seinfield episode where Kramer was being a telephone movie review service. The "firewall" was a joke. That and this Eircom outage have made this week into a complete mess.

At least the Eircom DSL service is back up again (Waterford) but I've lost almost a week's work time because of this and the 2wire POS router.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement