Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[OUTAGE] Eircom broadband down in Southeast

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

exspes wrote: »
    that router is really the worst router in the universe...they must have cost eircom a euro each or something...

I went around to my brothers friend to look at their connection yesterday as they got broadband in very recently.

They sent out two routers and failed to get her connected over the phone, they told her to go buy a router (cost €65) and they stlll could not connect her, granted she does'nt have a clue about anything like that but to make her go buy a new router and still fail to get her connected.

I got it connected for her with the new router (the other two were packed away to be sent back at her expense), but not even a offer of a call out to get her connected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭exspes

Well at least she got use out of the router she payed for, my reply would be 'if the router you sent me doesnt work you can get me another one or ill go to someone who can' they'll do pretty much anything when they think you're willing to cancel the service. As far as i know though they charge like 100 euro for an 'installation fee' if they have to call out to set up the router.

jmcc: haven't had the pleasure of using a 2wire ;) at the moment im using vodafones standard router, dunno what make it is, it's white and stands upright, the fact that i don't know what make it is proves that it's a decent router cause i've never had to do anything to make it work, it just works :D only gripe is no restart or reset functions in the router settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

mine was off since saturday 2am. only got the green light there like 10 mins ago!speed was 6.22mb beforehand. Now 5.8mb...hopefully it'll pick up..not that its a big difference! internet wooo!! Thank god u have an android for tethering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jmcc wrote: »
    You might have been a on different Waterford exchange which was not affected?

Regards...jmcc

I dunno. Im in waterford and only about a 5 minute walk from eircom, that would hardly change anything though. I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

seanybiker wrote: »
    I dunno. Im in waterford and only about a 5 minute walk from eircom, that would hardly change anything though. I dunno.
    It seemed to be exchanges routing into the main Waterford exchange that were affected. You might have been upstream of them all (at a guess).

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

mine was off since saturday 2am. only got the green light there like 10 mins ago!speed was 6.22mb beforehand. Now 5.8mb...hopefully it'll pick up..not that its a big difference! internet wooo!! Thank god u have an android for tethering!

if that's synced at 5.8 it wont go back up until you call them and give out, had that problem many times with them having my line synced at 15 when it was supposed to be 24

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

give me strength-been having problems with my eircom broadband going back to last October????intermittent Internet,no dsl etc.-I'm had three engineers call out to me and each engineer has come up with three different solutions-all which subsequently slowed my Internet and leaves me calling eircom technical support 5 minutes after they leave...
    Last bill showed 22 calls to technical support-Eircom customer service is appalling in my view,latest development is that engineers have to fix the line on the road(I live in Waterford City),this was the 6th of January,this in my mind covers a multitude as when I ring customer support,its the same ol rigmarole-'yeah,they're still out fixing it...'Jesus H.Christ,it's so frustrating that you're paying for this service and being a valued customer,it's outrageous-and just before Christmas I wanted to cancel my broadband altogether and was told that my contract was not up until November,and that I would have to pay each month,regardless of whether my broadband was working or not-lovely

anyone give me any advice please

i've had those problems with eircom since....2003? consider yourself lucky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

lmfao-jesus it's depressing is'nt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

exspes wrote: »
    if that's synced at 5.8 it wont go back up until you call them and give out, had that problem many times with them having my line synced at 15 when it was supposed to be 24

i was on 8mbNGB, but was only getting max5.2mb i thought that was normal but then i found out not so! so i called eircom and they said my line is only capable of 7mb but my line is only set to 6mb, so he changed the max to 7mb. Afterwards i got around 6.22mb download speed. But then straight away there's the outage,and now is dropped to 5.7mb....

my DSL stats
    Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 6720 512

should i call them again?
    I think the people across the road are getting UPC...but i checked their site...they dont do broadband on my side:mad:

• Advertisement

ya just call em and give out, use the old righteous indignation card, stuff like 'i want a discount on my next bill' and 'this is rediclous, i'm paying for such and such and i'm only getting 75% of what i'm paying for' if someone gets snipply say 'i want to speak to a manager now' and repeat it until you get put through to a manager, managers generally help quicker cause they dont want to deal with annoyed people, where as dealing with annoyed people is half the job of a call center :P they're used to it

as mentioned been dealing with eircoms bull**** since 2003, i could go pro at this stage

Advertisement