Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump on nose... Natural?

• 28-01-2011 8:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, I've just noticed this browny lump on the tip of my dog's nose, and I can't tell if it's a feature she's always had or if it's new :rolleyes:. It could be a birth-mark, but it's kind of raised... I wonder if ye can let me know what you think, and if it should be checked out:

tumblr_lfqxt9szvd1qeph0yo1_500.jpg

For the record, she's about 9-10 and a Jack Russell Terrier.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It could be just an area of hair loss from age, but keep an eye on it. If it gets any bigger or changes colour etc definitely bring her to the vet.I personally wouldnt be worried unless it feels painful to touch for her or starts to grow.

Also if its completely hairless it may be an area that will have to have suncream on it in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

My previous dog used to skin the top of his nose if he was in a cage (e.g. in the car) by trying to force his nose through the mesh and grazing the sensitive skin on the top, looked kinda like that once it had healed a little (about an hour or so). A bald spot on the top of his nose for a while until the hair grew back. Could she have been trying to push her nose through a small space?
    Like the previous poster said keep an eye on it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Annihoo: No, it doesn't seem to be causing her any pain at all, but like I said she doesn't sit still long enough for me to "test" if it's sore to the touch or anything *shrug*

Meteoric: Actually, she does go into a crate at night with a mesh front on it. Perhaps she's been sticking her nose through the bars.

I'll keep an eye on it anyway. Thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Much the same problem with one of my JRT,not raised though.

She sticks her nose in everywhere n wear and tear has taken away any fur that was there.
    Never really worried bout it tbh,nor my vet

Advertisement