Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Corners

Options
  • 28-01-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey - anyone got any tips on defending corners in the new game. It's pretty ridiculous. In about 2/3s of games a goal is scored from a corner. Pretty silly stuff, and it feels like there is no good way to defend them.

Ta,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just hold Y on the xbox controller or whatever on the PS3. The keeper will most of the time catch/punch the ball away. If the ball is going too far away from the keeper then just release Y. I rarely concede goals from corners now using this

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Cheers, i'll give this a try. Really annoying little flaw in the game i feel. One of many really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

X is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Quickly use the right stick to select your biggest defender or your best player (sometimes stands him on the near post, Liverpool have Gerrard there) and get him to stand on the near side of the six yard box. Make sure he's in front of the opposition attacker and use shoot to head the ball clear. If it goes back post, do what jamescd suggests and goalie will almost always get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone give me tips on how to score corners?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Sponsored RYAN

most off the time i just bring the keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Quickly use the right stick to select your biggest defender or your best player (sometimes stands him on the near post, Liverpool have Gerrard there) and get him to stand on the near side of the six yard box. Make sure he's in front of the opposition attacker and use shoot to head the ball clear. If it goes back post, do what jamescd suggests and goalie will almost always get it.

This is the best way to defend corners. The near post man should head clear every time.
    Can anyone give me tips on how to score corners?:pac:

I just do one flick of the left stick towards the edge of the area as direction (keeper wont get it) and between 50% and 75% power, concentrate on out muscling the defender before pressing shoot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

For scoring corners I usually change the player to make it an inswinger, i.e right footed from the left and vice versa.

I aim a good bit away, just towards the penalty box. Then with between 75 and 100% power I then hold the R button diagonally Left top or Right top. This creates a shít load of curl and dip at the same time.

The ball ends up around the middle and the far post and your players come on and attack the ball. Usually score about 33% of my corners.

Advertisement