Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Thanks, I had already read that, it's not really clear though. There is only room for 2 passport photos per form so I put one of each of us on each 3 page form (if you get me!).

Is that correct does anyone know? There are 2 photos of each of us in the same envelope so hopefully it's ok....

If anyone who has applied with their partner and rec'd approval could let me know what they did that'd be great!

why on earth did you apply as partners if you are both applying? you only do that if one of you is applying and the other is not going to work (or is not eligible on their own I think)...Im not sure what will happen if you are both granted work permits on your own but then granted visitor status on top from each others application...

i think you have over complicated it...if you are both applying separately (for work permits) then you should have just included your own details in the application

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wiggles~

Just got a refusal email today. Just reading through this thread and the only thing I can think of is that I just put months, and not exact dates on my resume. Ridiculous if it is just that...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

Has anyone applied with a common law partner? I sent mine off last week but I'm a bit worried about the photos.
    For my first 3 page form I stapled 1 photo of each of us as it asked for one of each person travelling, did the same for his form - 1 photo each. But left the second 3 page forms with no photos, is this correct?

Hey I have but got refused. I stapled both sets of photos on the first page (i.e. 2 photos on top of each other)

However I did get rejected but don't know why yet. I'll let you know if it was anything to do with common law partner

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    why on earth did you apply as partners if you are both applying? you only do that if one of you is applying and the other is not going to work (or is not eligible on their own I think)...Im not sure what will happen if you are both granted work permits on your own but then granted visitor status on top from each others application...

i think you have over complicated it...if you are both applying separately (for work permits) then you should have just included your own details in the application

That is incorrect:

My partner will come to Canada with me and wishes to work there. What are his/her options?

If your partner wishes to work in Canada, there are two options for him/her:

He/she can submit his/her own application to the IEC initiative. He/she must meet all of the eligibility criteria for the IEC and comply with all the instructions. In this instance, you may submit your applications in the same envelope. However, you and your partner must complete separate IEC applications and they will be processed independently.

He/she may submit an application for a temporary work permit outside of the IEC initiative. All the information related to this can be found here. In this instance, your partner must send his/her application directly to the Visa Section of the Canadian High Commission to the UK and pay them the fees related to his/her application. Your partner will have to mention that you have submitted an application to the IEC initiatives. Your partner’s application will be processed independently of yours.

In the two cases above, at the time of applying, you will have to indicate that you are in a couple by completing all the boxes in the appropriate column in section 1 of the IEC application form.

That is what you're meant to do if applying as a couple, it's just the photo bit that is unclear but will find out soon enough.
    Sorry to heat that myleftfoot, yeah let me know what the rejection reason is!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

That is incorrect:

My partner will come to Canada with me and wishes to work there. What are his/her options?

If your partner wishes to work in Canada, there are two options for him/her:

He/she can submit his/her own application to the IEC initiative. He/she must meet all of the eligibility criteria for the IEC and comply with all the instructions. In this instance, you may submit your applications in the same envelope. However, you and your partner must complete separate IEC applications and they will be processed independently.

He/she may submit an application for a temporary work permit outside of the IEC initiative. All the information related to this can be found here. In this instance, your partner must send his/her application directly to the Visa Section of the Canadian High Commission to the UK and pay them the fees related to his/her application. Your partner will have to mention that you have submitted an application to the IEC initiatives. Your partner’s application will be processed independently of yours.

In the two cases above, at the time of applying, you will have to indicate that you are in a couple by completing all the boxes in the appropriate column in section 1 of the IEC application form.

That is what you're meant to do if applying as a couple, it's just the photo bit that is unclear but will find out soon enough.
    Sorry to heat that myleftfoot, yeah let me know what the rejection reason is!

Yeah the second option on that information, may as well be a separate application for a partner. Id say being a partner they ensure both get accepted maby. Bit complicated . Im sure 4 photos stapled to form at the bottom will do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

i still havent received my LOI im really worried. The application time that was given for my visa was 6weeks it will be 6weeks on Tuesday. Has this happened to anyone else? Did anyone receive an email saying that their application was received in London? The last email I got was from Paris on the 25th of Feb saying that my application had been sent to London. My application might have got lost in the process of being sent from Paris to London... Those who have sent their application on the same day and after me have got their LOI:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jlav

jessible wrote: »
    i still havent received my LOI im really worried. The application time that was given for my visa was 6weeks it will be 6weeks on Tuesday. Has this happened to anyone else? Did anyone receive an email saying that their application was received in London? The last email I got was from Paris on the 25th of Feb saying that my application had been sent to London. My application might have got lost in the process of being sent from Paris to London... Those who have sent their application on the same day and after me have got their LOI:confused:

I got no communication from London at all and its been sent from Paris 2 weeks ago. I dont think you need to worry, Monday will be your day.

Jlav wrote: »
    I got no communication from London at all and its been sent from Paris 2 weeks ago. I dont think you need to worry, Monday will be your day.

i hope so !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tcgw82

I just got my refusal email today and my application is to be posted back. I did both mine and my boyfriends and he got accepted and I didnt. The only thing I can think of is I left the space blank for my fathers details as I have none. Both our applications were the same. I went through USIT where I had to pay the €299. I hope I dont lose my place. I am raging. Why are these forms so flipping complicated. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

tcgw82 wrote: »
    I just got my refusal email today and my application is to be posted back. I did both mine and my boyfriends and he got accepted and I didnt. The only thing I can think of is I left the space blank for my fathers details as I have none. Both our applications were the same. I went through USIT where I had to pay the €299. I hope I dont lose my place. I am raging. Why are these forms so flipping complicated. :(

usit will hold your place for you.all you can do is wait till your application gets back see why it was rejected and fill it out again! best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tcgw82

thanks beano its just upsetting to get refused. Hope my application comes back soon so I can see where I went wrong and can start the process again

Anyone know how long it takes from the time your application arrives in France until they send rejection email/send ur app to London?

I got confirmation that it was received in france on 31st March but haven't heard anything...

Also, if they approve it and send to London, is there still a chance it might get rejection, has anyone got rejection at London stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

got my application back last Friday...local superintendent had spelt my name wrong :mad:
    sent in my new one on tues....fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jules1979

Has anyone applied with a common law partner? I sent mine off last week but I'm a bit worried about the photos.
    For my first 3 page form I stapled 1 photo of each of us as it asked for one of each person travelling, did the same for his form - 1 photo each. But left the second 3 page forms with no photos, is this correct?

The last time I tried to apply, I paid my fee and my application was sent to UK. It was 15 days before I got my rejection email from London, so it does happen....sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

jules1979 wrote: »
    The last time I tried to apply, I paid my fee and my application was sent to UK. It was 15 days before I got my rejection email from London, so it does happen....sorry!

Dam!!.. was it big mistake you made .... yeah id say after about 2 weeks mat max it would be possible.

just got conditional acceptance email so fingers crossed it will be ok!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

I just got my conditional acceptance email, saying that I have to pay the €110 fee. Pretty quick in getting back to me. I got my Acknowledgement of Receipt on the 31/03/11 so it was just a week waiting. So the second forms that I filled out seemed to have worked. Just hope I dont get refused at the london stage. I'll keep ye posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 itsmeshane1981

Hi,
    I have just joined this site and have applied for the I.E.C, I got through the first stage, it has now been sent to London.

I havent heard anything as of yet and have got until 22/04/11 before I have a chance to email them asking about my application.

THe thing is I have read through most of this and havent seen anyone who has asked about criminal convictions, I got a conditional discharge 8years ago, I was wondering whether that wil;l hinder my chances? I would of thought not if I made it through to the 2nd stage. Surely they would say to them refuse x-y and z at the first stage so it reduces the number of applications being sent to the high commision.

Can anyonbe help me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Hi,
    I have just joined this site and have applied for the I.E.C, I got through the first stage, it has now been sent to London.

I havent heard anything as of yet and have got until 22/04/11 before I have a chance to email them asking about my application.

THe thing is I have read through most of this and havent seen anyone who has asked about criminal convictions, I got a conditional discharge 8years ago, I was wondering whether that wil;l hinder my chances? I would of thought not if I made it through to the 2nd stage. Surely they would say to them refuse x-y and z at the first stage so it reduces the number of applications being sent to the high commision.

Can anyonbe help me please?

was it on your police cert?or was it clean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

Jessible - have you heard anything yet? The time on my file is 6 weeks which is today but I still haven't heard anything. Did you contact them? Let me know, I'm starting to panic now!!

• Advertisement

juno2009 wrote: »
    Jessible - have you heard anything yet? The time on my file is 6 weeks which is today but I still haven't heard anything. Did you contact them? Let me know, I'm starting to panic now!!

No still nothing checking my emails daily :mad:. Im kinda getting disheartened with the whole thing. Dont know whether I should look at applying foe a visa in oz instead... I emailed the embassy and also filled out a form on the french website but nothing back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

No still nothing checking my emails daily :mad:. Im kinda getting disheartened with the whole thing. Dont know whether I should look at applying foe a visa in oz instead... I emailed the embassy and also filled out a form on the french website but nothing back...

I would assume that if there was a problem we would've heard by now... but I don't understand the delay either. It's very frustrating. Let me know if/when you hear something. How long has it been now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Sent off my fee yesterday and got my email saying that my file has been sent to London for the second stage. :D

Anyone know how long i'll be waiting? They said on my original email that the waiting time is 6 weeks but is that from the very first email being sent or from the time it's sent to London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 itsmeshane1981

beano345 wrote: »
    was it on your police cert?or was it clean?
    Yes it had it on the police certificate, I have read somewhere that if it has been over 5years and you lead a steady lofe with no trouble they believe you to be rehabilitated. I am hoping so.

My last day is the 22nd before I hear anything, I am starting to wonder if they get back in touch in that time. I am hoping to recieve an email and not a letter as I have a girlfriend in Canada waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭velnias2010

Hey was just wondering for the copy of the Irish passport can this be a normal black/white copy of the passport or does it have to be colour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

Colour just to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Got my Visa today, more info in the 'I got accepted' thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭velnias2010

Couldn't find a colour copier today so got a copy of my passport in black and white. Has anyone got rejected for this before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Couldn't find a colour copier today so got a copy of my passport in black and white. Has anyone got rejected for this before ?

Dunno, but why risk it? Get a colour copy in a library, internet cafe, surely it's not hard to find a scanner and a printer somewhere

• Advertisement

juno2009 wrote: »
    I would assume that if there was a problem we would've heard by now... but I don't understand the delay either. It's very frustrating. Let me know if/when you hear something. How long has it been now?

It'll be 8weeks on Tuesday since I received my confirmation of receipt and its 7weeks in London today:mad:. Im not happy my application said the processing time was 6weeks. Im just worried my application got lost on the way to London.... I'll let you know if I hear anything. Have you heard anything since?

Advertisement