Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

What form did you send of for your daughter's study permit because i have a feeling that is why you got declined, i dont think they accept any other forms with the iec form but i may be wrong..

Did you send the student work permit application along with the IEC application to Paris? I don't think you were meant to.

I did a quick google and it looks like London deal with student permits.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx

I'm sure you researched it more than I did. But this is possibly the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

Thanks a mill for your replies! We did send a study permit app that we downloaded from the iec website in the faq section.

"If your child is over 6 years old, he/she is of schooling age. It will therefore be obligatory to obtain a study permit for your child before his/her entry to Canada in order for him/her to attend an educational institution in Canada. Your child will consequently have a “student” status. To apply for a study permit, please click here."

Just reading over it again it doesn't actually state that you have to send the study permit app with the iec app.You just have to indicate that you are bringing a school going child. So, hopefully that is the only thing we have wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bre1988

Has anyone been having a hard time even getting their application sent to there email to re-apply??? My boyfriend just got his refusal for phase one and we are trying to get another application email from IEC but 7 hours later, it still has not been email to him?? anyone having similar problems???

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Mrs. Doyle wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks very much for that info. Good to know.

The only problem that I would have with the two pages for the police cert. is that my daughter's front page says 'Police Certificate of Character' whereas the second page just has a heading of Police Certificate. I read elsewhere on this board that one person had their applicaiton rejected because it had the heading with the words character included.

I've updated my list above to include the downloaded certificate.

Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure that's how mine was. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Advice I gave to a friend was if you are worried about something small like that just send it off.

If it is refused they will post it back to you and specify what is wrong. Then you know the rest of it is right and just to fix whatever is wrong.

If it is correct then jackpot.

Hi, Our applications were posted back to us yesturday from France. Reason for refusal is that we did not tick the medical declaration form. We knew we didn't need a medical in our line of work so we skipped that page & did not see that we were meant to tick a box stating that we didn't need one. Very silly mistake. So frustrated in one way that just one tick & we could have been on our way. However, also delighted that that's all it was & not that we sent our daughters student application as we previously thought. So i have just posted back our new application today. So fingers crossed this application will be the one that gets us all over to Vancouver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Did you send the student work permit application along with the IEC application to Paris? I don't think you were meant to.

I did a quick google and it looks like London deal with student permits.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx

I'm sure you researched it more than I did. But this is possibly the issue.

Yeah i checked and seen that you have to apply directly to london for student visa, it says it only takes 6 weeks to process as im still waiting on LOI im not gonna apply for student visa until my LOI is through and just take it from there, it´l be 6 weeks on the 23rd but no word as of yet. keep telling myself no news is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

langleybc wrote: »
    Hi, Our applications were posted back to us yesturday from France. Reason for refusal is that we did not tick the medical declaration form. We knew we didn't need a medical in our line of work so we skipped that page & did not see that we were meant to tick a box stating that we didn't need one. Very silly mistake. So frustrated in one way that just one tick & we could have been on our way. However, also delighted that that's all it was & not that we sent our daughters student application as we previously thought. So i have just posted back our new application today. So fingers crossed this application will be the one that gets us all over to Vancouver.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that.

Just wondering how long it took for them to write back to you and then return the documents?

Thanks.

Stephencillian, We left the Student application in with our iec application because they didn't say anything about it being in the first time. I am sure when they are sending both our workpermits to London they will just put the student application in with it too. Defo, no news is good news! I am sure you will hear some good news soon. Keep us posted on how you get on? Best of luck.

Thanks Mrs.Doyle, sent first app 26th Apr, App rec in France 28th Apr, Email refusal notification 5th May, App posted back 9th May, 2nd App sent 10th May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Got my LOI today, it's been 4 weeks exactly since it was sent to London, 6 weeks in total since I sent in my original application.

Very happy bunny today!:D Yesturday morning (9.15) we recieved an email confirming that they had recieved our 2nd application. At 5.04 same day we recieved another email saying we have been conditionally accepted. Very quick. Just about to head off to the bank now to send our wire transfer. I know people have asked this question before but can anyone tell me if they have got refused after their application was sent to London?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Ok just trying to help someone they sent of there original application and received a reply with a link to download several documents.

It appears that the link she was given for the main application form seems to be broken can anyone suggest anything im doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

tipp1986 wrote: »
    Ok just trying to help someone they sent of there original application and received a reply with a link to download several documents.

It appears that the link she was given for the main application form seems to be broken can anyone suggest anything im doing wrong?

Sorry to be so blunt about this but you're not explaining yourself very well. If they had sent off their original application to Paris i.e. their completed documents then the only e-mail that would receive would either be rejection or notification to pay their money.

If they just registered their e-mail to download the application kit (see the bottom of the page) and the link within was broken then they can register again as it doesn't cause any problems to do this.

Might be a good idea for them to read the frequently asked questions and familiarise themselves with the procedure.

Hope this helps.

Very happy bunny today!:D Yesturday morning (9.15) we recieved an email confirming that they had recieved our 2nd application. At 5.04 same day we recieved another email saying we have been conditionally accepted. Very quick. Just about to head off to the bank now to send our wire transfer. I know people have asked this question before but can anyone tell me if they have got refused after their application was sent to London?

there has been people refused at 2nd stage but all for silly reasons like police cert not original copy so thinking you will be fine.

Where did you download your study permit, ive seen some that ask for proof of funds but they I dont think they will apply to us as we will have an open work permit.

Hiya Stephencillion, thanks for your reply. The form we used was IMM1294E. See link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1294E.PDF

Hiya Stephencillion, thanks for your reply. The form we used was IMM1294E. See link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1294E.PDF[/QUOTE

Thanks for getting back,,,

I no what ive done wrong now i never filled that form out as part of the additional documents, I didnt realise that was to do with dependants, am i stupid or could it have been made easier...

I now have my LOI but no study permit for my partners child....

Thats ok. I am sure you can send the study permit straight over to London. When are you thinking of heading over?

Thats ok. I am sure you can send the study permit straight over to London. When are you thinking of heading over?

We have a letter of acceptance for him to start school on the 2nd of September so we are trying to get flights sorted for middle of august. I am going to download the study permit from the link you sent and try sending that over along with custodian declaration IMM5646 form, hope its all fine

Best of luck. We got our applications sent to London today so finger crossed it wont take too long. Yeah i am hoping to get there early so my daughter will be sorted for school in Sept.

Best of luck. We got our applications sent to London today so finger crossed it wont take too long. Yeah i am hoping to get there early so my daughter will be sorted for school in Sept.

Flights booked today for 22nd of august so the next few months i guess are gonna be pretty slow.

where are u planning on moving too, and idea about work or schools for your daughter

We are going to a lovley place called Surrey in Vancouver. We are lucky enough to have family over there so we will stay with them until we get our own place. My daughter will go to the local district secondary school. Our plan is to go as soon as my daughter finishes her junior cert so we are hoping to go the end of June. Really want to book our flight now but too nervous until we get our lOI.

• Advertisement

We are going to a lovley place called Surrey in Vancouver. We are lucky enough to have family over there so we will stay with them until we get our own place. My daughter will go to the local district secondary school. Our plan is to go as soon as my daughter finishes her junior cert so we are hoping to go the end of June. Really want to book our flight now but too nervous until we get our lOI.

Yeah its not fun waiting about for the LOI, Not sure were your planning on flying from but check out airtransat which fly from england, i got good prices for 4 of us. Just need to check for insurance.

P.S Let me no how you get on with the study permit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jnathan512

Hi i recently had my application refused due to an incomplete proof of funds, I am currently filling out a new application. I wanted to know in the background information section do i tick yes for previously applied visa and no for a refused visa and then say it was refused because proof of funds.

I am just unsure what to put whether it needs to be declared or not.

Thanks

jnathan512 wrote: »
    Hi i recently had my application refused due to an incomplete proof of funds, I am currently filling out a new application. I wanted to know in the background information section do i tick yes for previously applied visa and no for a refused visa and then say it was refused because proof of funds.

I am just unsure what to put whether it needs to be declared or not.

Thanks

Dont put that you applied before, the IEC is not the same as being refused for a normal work/study visa

thanks for getting back so just to clarify as I want to make sure it doesn't get rejected this time round i check no on all 3 options of the background information and don't mention the previous application. Sorry if this has been asked before.

thanks for getting back so just to clarify as I want to make sure it doesn't get rejected this time round i check no on all 3 options of the background information and don't mention the previous application. Sorry if this has been asked before.

No worries,
    yeah tick no to the 3 boxes as its not the High Commission that has declined the application. Can i ask what was wrong on ur proof of funds form, I no last year the IEC for the UK filled at the end of may, so double check everything.

People have got refused for the police cert not being original and for the CV not matching up to the work history form, just to make you aware.

thanks. The bank originally wouldn't sign the form and gave me a letter instead which only showed the history of the account holder. I sent this along with statements. I have since got the bank to sign the correct form so il be sending off today hopefully no problems this time.

thanks. The bank originally wouldn't sign the form and gave me a letter instead which only showed the history of the account holder. I sent this along with statements. I have since got the bank to sign the correct form so il be sending off today hopefully no problems this time.

Bank tryin to make things difficult, hopefully they've checked through and the bank form was the only problem. Good luck with your application.

Where are you thinking of moving to?

also on the intended employment it wont let me validate is asking for a province. but i have put n/a on this section?

also the family form do i check worker or other for type of application

also on the intended employment it wont let me validate is asking for a province. but i have put n/a on this section?

just gonna check

• Advertisement

thanks by clearing the fields i have managed to get it to validate, so fields are blank but then on page 3 under details of intended work (continued) i have put not applicable

Advertisement