Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End game Armor // Enchants // Jewels etc?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

What is a good site to view peoples end game armor ?

For example, on my mage or druid now.. I want to know what and where will I get my final epic 2h staff, for both pve and pvp. Is the archaeology one the best or will I get something from a trash epic mob in BoT? etc etc - or do any of you have a mage 'template' ye could post for frost mage?

Just wondering, my first character so ..gem slots are all unused cause I dont know whats best to add, my enchanting is 525 but I dont know what should I enchant etc etc. Whats the best of the best of the best etc :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Something like this?

HEAD

359 [Lightweight Bio-Optic Killshades] - 525 Engineering
    346 [Cowl of Pleasant Gloom] - Hit/Crit - 2,200 Justice Points
    346 [Helm of the Typhonic Beast] - Hit/Mastery - Halls of Origination
    346 [Crown of Enfeebled Bodies] - Crit/Haste - Grim Batol
    346 [Blinders of the Follower] - Crit/Mastery - Shadowfang Keep
    ENC [Arcanum of Hyjal] - Guardians of Hyjal (Revered)

NECK

359 [Yellow Smoke Pendant] - Crit/Mastery - Dragonmaw Clan (Exalted)
    346 [Eye of Many Deaths] - Haste/Mastery - 525 Jewelcrafting (BOE)
    346 [String of Beaded Bubbles] - Hit/Mastery - 1,250 Justice Points
    346 [Charm of the Muse] - Hit/Crit - Halls of Origination
    346 [Tauntka's Necklace] - Crit/Haste - Lost City of the Tol'vir
    346 [Pipefish Cord] - Haste/Mastery - Throne of the Tides
    346 [Pendant of the Keep] - Crit/Mastery - Shadowfang Keep

SHOULDERS

346 [Meadow Mantle] - Crit/Mastery - 1,650 Justice Points
    346 [Mantle of the Eastern Lords] - Hit/Mastery - Shadowfang Keep
    346 [Mantle of Master Cho] - Crit/Haste - Lost City of the Tol'vir
    ENC [Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone] - Therazane (Exalted)
    ENC [Lesser Inscription of Charged Lodestone] - Therazane (Honored)

[snip]

STAFF

359 [Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan] - Crit/Haste - Archaeology
    346 [Insidious Staff] - Haste/Mastery - Hellscream's Reach (Revered)
    346 [Cerith Spire Staff] - Hit/Haste - Thone of the Tides
    346 [Emberstone Staff] - Crit/Mastery - Deadmines
    346 [Staff of Siphoned Essences] - Crit/Mastery - Grim Batol

MAIN HAND

346 [Elementium Spellblade] - Hit/Crit - 520 Blacksmithing (BOE)
    346 [Beak of Julak-Doom] - Hit/Mastery - Julak-Doom (world boss, Twilight Highlands)
    346 [Modgud's Blade] - Hit/Crit - Grim Batol
    346 [Blade of the Burning Sun] - Crit/Haste - Halls of Origination
    346 [Biting Wind] - Crit/Haste - Vortex Pinnacle

Check the real list here

Probably a druid one somewhere in here

Edit: Not really endgame I guess, but will leave it here in case it helps.

There is a BIS (Best in Slot) list here too

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

It does help thanks! Yeah basically all my gear now is 346 heroic stuff, or stuff I bought from NPCs for having Exalted reputation. I've also got 2 pieces of that epic gladiator pvp gear, some Im wondering what direction I take next ..

for example..

lets say I kit the mage out for pvp, do I get ALL of his armor as gladiator stuff? Or should I be getting say 3 or 4 pieces to make the set then the tailors epic pantaloons etc or something similar?

If I kit out the mage entirely in gladiator stuff, do I buy my staff for pvp off conquest guy 2 or is there a better one ? bracers / rings / neckies.. should it all start and end with conquest stuff for pvp and valor for pve? or are there world drops that are better that I shud be aiming to farm now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Atlas loot is a cool mod.

You can boot it up ingame and it shows you all the item drops you can get from everywhere.

You can then create a wishlist that basically stores them into a list and you can tick them off as you get them.

Its handy cause it tells you where you can get said items and their drop rate.

What spec is your druid and we can help out?

I'd also advise fire for mages, serious dps now at the moment.

Casters have a 17% hitcap and you should get that asap, by either reforging or regemming, I'd advise gemming for the hit.

Gems are dirt cheap so it doesnt cost alot to regem gear, forging can get expensive.

For example my Druid has alot of dodgy gems with hit, but when I get hitcap from gear I can regem for full int

Same with my mage

For a quick little stat prio

Balance druid you want to prioritise

Hit -> Haste -> Mastery
    Your main stat is int, so when you can( without comprahmising your hitcap) gem full int and enchant etc

Fire mages
    Hit -> Crit -> Mastery -> haste ( haste cap for fire mages is like 612, easy)
    Again your main stat is int.

For forst mage its pretty similar, when you get crits you proc your instant casts, so Crit is important

But defo get your hitcap asap with gems, then as you gear up, replace those gems with int :)

If you link your characters, we can look at your specs and how your geared and give some advice ;)

Its the one thing we can do in work :D

yeah in work atm, wowhead blocked ! Ill have to link it 2nite or you can search Hazzens ( mage ) on outland server and link it ureself if ure bored and feeling Samaratin-ish! :D

Mage is main priority for me, Im wearing a mix-mash of items but again, I only been playing a few months so not used to setting up equipment for end game. Mage is 525 tailor and enchant aswell so would be nice if the tailoring belt and pants epic items were of use.

Also do i REALLY need 2 sets of gear? 1 for pve and 1 for pvp? :d

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

-Vega- wrote: »
    yeah in work atm, wowhead blocked ! Ill have to link it 2nite or you can search Hazzens ( mage ) on outland server and link it ureself if ure bored and feeling Samaratin-ish! :D

Mage is main priority for me, Im wearing a mix-mash of items but again, I only been playing a few months so not used to setting up equipment for end game. Mage is 525 tailor and enchant aswell so would be nice if the tailoring belt and pants epic items were of use.

Also do i REALLY need 2 sets of gear? 1 for pve and 1 for pvp? :d

okey dokey

First I notice you are not hit capped. Your 9% below.
    Gem hit for starters

Here is my char, see hhow I've gemmed and forged to get my hitcap

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/kromus/simple

For red sockets go with 20 int and 20 hit
    In yellow sockets go 20 crit 20 hit
    And in blue sockets go 40 hit

That should throw you a good bit of additional hit.

Then you might have to reforge some gear.

Remember

Hit -> Crit -> mastery

Your close to the haste cap already which is good.
    Your crit is a little low and something that needs to gt boosted a fair bit.
    Remember as fire and frost, your big procs come from crits, so crit chance

Your gloves have expertise enchant...get rid of that before you get kicked from the game.
    You want 50 hit on those gloves,expertise is for melee classes only.

And you seem to be in alot of pvp gear, this is obviously gonig to stunt your stats for pve for starters.

I'm not a fan of using pvp gear in pve, tbh I consideit a really scrubby way to get ilvl up and easy purples. You miss out on loads of pve stats that would really boost your char.

Seems you need more heroic runs to grab more gear for pve...

I think I'm just bout done , just waiting on raid gear now

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Your gloves have expertise enchant...get rid of that before you get kicked from the game.
    You want 50 hit on those gloves,expertise is for melee classes only.

Lol :p thanks i appreciate the advice :p think that was only there because I was levelling my own enchanting on myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

-Vega- wrote: »
    I was levelling my own enchanting on myself :D

Use vellums and sell the items on the AH.

I would also check out Elitist Jerks Forums. I use it a lot for my Rogue (main) and recently got a little bored as having a problem with my guild & raiding (ie we have a few slackers....) so i decided to level my Druid as a tree/bear. EJ gave lists of enchants gems etc....

http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php

Many thanks for the responses :) have a much clearer picture of what I should be aiming for now. Thanks all :)

Advertisement