Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Safety Camera Van Mallow tonight

• 28-01-2011 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

KY reg and as far as I could see in the dark , unmarked. Outside the racecourse car park entrance.

Didnt seem to be working though as the guy in front of me was lifting and only braked next to it...(I knew it was there and was doing the 60k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Is it a white Transit? I think the same one was parked outside Fermoy over 2 or 3 days with no driver and it had KY plates too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Yeah seen it earlier in the week in Fermoy.
    I heard the unmarked vans are doing surveys as to whether it wouldbe profitable enhance safety issues and where best to locate fully marked operating vans.

Sounded like a load of baloney to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

probably red...too dark to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

G Luxel wrote: »
    Is it a white Transit? I think the same one was parked outside Fermoy over 2 or 3 days with no driver and it had KY plates too!

Of course it had no driver. He's sitting in the back of the van where you cannot see him. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

It's been the red one on the cork-mallow road all week. The first day I spotted it was as I was going past it.

I was under the speed limit cause I was updating my status on Facebook at the time.

I thought they were all white vans. Very difficult to make out the camera signs on the red van from a distance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Its on the Killarney road now outside Mallow catching traffic coming from Killarney. There is a temp speed limit of 60KPH on that stretch at the moment.

I was fcuking an old dear in a Micra that pulled out in front of me from a side road and then done 60 KPH. Thank god she did...:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I was fcuking an old dear in a Micra that pulled out in front of me from a side road and then done 60 KPH. Thank god she did...:o:o

You were doing what to an old woman? :eek:

Berty wrote: »
    You were doing what to an old woman? :eek:

Well fcuk you anyway ya langer....:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

CoalBucket wrote: »
    I was under the speed limit cause I was updating my status on Facebook at the time.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

It was a joke :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    CoalBucket wrote: »
    It was a joke :)

I got it :D.

These vans would not be able to tell the difference if you had been and that was your point I take it? ;).

Proves they are not safety cameras but instead, speed ones as all they can do is catch you for speed, nothing else :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looking for new fishing spots? Nice! Thx god i dontvyse that road lately, as its just a perfect road to go a bit more over the speed limit. I live in mallow 6 years now and havent heard abput accsidents in that spot... Rsa knows better i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it is a bit dodgy outside the petrol station and this is the nearest you would be able to get a van I reckon. Some years ago there was a crash with 4 killed there and I personally saw a car go upside down in the old canal there not so long ago.

I agree though, once they fix that dodgy surface the CVouncil put down acouple of years back, it will be a racetrack:D

Yes and it was also on the Mallow side of Murphys foodfair just below where the man driving the Lucey truck lives.

Advertisement