Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do a lot of heavy metal music people..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

I have a better question.

Why aren't fans of the X Factor into Devil worship? :confused: If you've already embraced evil, it seems like the next logical step to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Wow there are some real experts on metal in AH, the insight into the genre is amazing, why aren't you posting in Rock & Metal?</sarcasm>

Just so I know, can people please explain how much you know about metal, have you actually heard a real metal song? Or even talked to someone who listens to metal or just looked disapprovingly at people you assume fit your stereotype sitting outside the central bank?

Also to help with the debate I have some stereotypes* to sling around:
    • People who slag metal are actually cloth-eared morons whose entire CD "collection" is from the big 4 major labels and the only bought them cause they like that one song. These people are unlikely to understand any non-popular genre, or its fans, not just metal.
    • For most people music is aural wallpaper and think the proof that a song has any merit is that it did well in the charts and the radio only plays the choicest selections of songs the world has to offer.
    • People who listen to dance music and believe it is enhanced by the taking of illicit substances (to be fair it couldn't get any worse) are actually to busy chewing the face off themselves on said illicit substances to notice that the dull repetitive tunes being played are banal and lack creativity.
    • Whiny indie kids who hang out in Whelan's listen to the worst shoe gazing drivel which is the perfect soundtrack to wet the bed to (which is useful as this is one of their hobbies).
    • People who only go to one gig** a year to see "that band" play "that song from the ad/TV show/radio" are ****ing tosspots and should leave well enough alone and not just go to a gig to get off their face on drink, make a tit of themselves and annoy anyone who actually came to hear the band play.

*These are all tongue in cheek (well some of them are)

** X-Factor Live, Britney Spears, Madonna, most pop acts, are not gigs they are a show which seems like a subtle difference but a show is missing some vital ingredients; genuine talent and the ability to sing/play live

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

I'm so tired of all these offensive stereotypes. People make these stupid lazy assumptions based on some ridiculous association between two things that have nothing in common, they don't take the time to meet any of the people concerned, and they don't care how hurtful or offensive their remarks are to those whom they are besmirching with their thoughtless accusations.

For the last time, just because I worship the devil, doesn't mean that I listen to that f**King metal s***e.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm so tired of all these offensive stereotypes.

but... but... but... without stereotypes... what would be left in AH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

MEEEEEEEEEETTTTTAAAAAAALLLLLLIIIIIICCCCCCCAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Into most genres of music meself (definitely not the weepy, moany acoustic dribble) but metal always gets me in the best form........bar Queen, Thin Lizzy & M.Jackson, of course :pac:

Never followed the metal fashion / attitude scene at all (dark clothes, band hoodies, dark moods / spirits, etc), brother didn't either and he's more into the death / speed metal. Suppose it gives some people a nice shock when they ask me what bands I like :P:

Girl: I really like this tone and mood of the song this singer emotes with.
    Me: Eh, suppose he's alright.........*cough*
    Girl: What you into, yourself?
    Me: Fùckin' Slayer, baby!
    Girl: ....................get away from me.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Your innocence is magnificent :D
    Stay out of politics, your pure mind will be corrupted :)
    .....DAMMIT!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Duggy747 wrote: »
    MEEEEEEEEEETTTTTAAAAAAALLLLLLIIIIIICCCCCCCAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    Sorry I thought the conversation was about metal, not a bunch of 80s has-beens resting on their 25 year old laurels :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Metallergy wrote: »
    actual devil worship? i remember me n maher up in the forest in kingswood held a ritual to summon, wait for it, "Jakomiah" the weather demon. Jakomiah... make it raiiiiiin.. it fúckin rained :eek: we were only jerkin about and with a few cans of scrumpy ffs.. but he gave us the attention we did seek!

you summoned the demon Jamiroquai!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Thats insanity!! Virtual Insanity in fact!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Sorry I thought the conversation was about metal, not a bunch of 80s has-beens resting on their 25 year old laurels :p

Yea, I don't like most of their stuff from Load onwards but, dammit, I love their early stuff up to the Black album.

I don't really like today's "metal" anyways; Thundering riff, scream, shout, whiney chorus, scream, shout, whiney chorus, generic solo........repeat.

80's all the way...........even the excellently cheesy pop stuff fomr that magical decade fashion and sense forgot about! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Like everything,a very small few like Varg Vikernes for example take it extreme levels,the rest are just posers trying to be cool.

Agreed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Wow there are some real experts on metal in AH, the insight into the genre is amazing, why aren't you posting in Rock & Metal?</sarcasm>

Just so I know, can people please explain how much you know about metal, have you actually heard a real metal song? Or even talked to someone who listens to metal or just looked disapprovingly at people you assume fit your stereotype sitting outside the central bank?

I'm far more trve kvlt than you! Farking poseur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Just so I know, can people please explain how much you know about metal, have you actually heard a real metal song? Or even talked to someone who listens to metal or just looked disapprovingly at people you assume fit your
    subtle difference but a show is missing some vital ingredients; genuine talent and the ability to sing/play live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8-J4hL7iDM :)

Advertisement