Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to Project Kelvin?

Options
  • 29-01-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

You know that superfast fibre-optic cable that was supposed to supplying us? I can't find much on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Heggy wrote: »
    You know that superfast fibre-optic cable that was supposed to supplying us? I can't find much on it.

It was never for Private use, it was for business use as far as i know, for the likes of the post office ect to start with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There was a place in Derry (recently in the papers) advertising how they had a 1gb download speed. Must have had something to do with Kelvin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I've seen signs in Derry around the bypass saying something about it. Think it was completed a few months ago but as Homer says its mainly a business venture to attract tech companies to the area.

Could be wrong but I dont think it has anything to do with the speed of private internet, its just a high capacity link between here and the US

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

It was completed a while back. The company I work for uses it, its a great resource for businesses in the north west.
    (We get 3 times the bandwidth for half the price we were charged by eircon previously)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

demixed wrote: »
    It was completed a while back. The company I work for uses it, its a great resource for businesses in the north west.
    (We get 3 times the bandwidth for half the price we were charged by eircon previously)

Who is your company's ISP now, or who would a business sign up with to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Hibernia Atlantic are the ones to talk too (http://www.hiberniaatlantic.com)

Advertisement