Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want/expect in Microsoft Flight?

• 29-01-2011 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

For me it's cloud shadows :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Not to have to buy a cray cx1 to run it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I guess performance is the main thing for me. Every other feature I really want is already there with FSX, especially with 3rd party addons. With some good aircraft, VATSIM and some nice scenery you've got a very complete simulator product.

I want to immerse myself therefore I need plenty of detail AND good frame rates, not either or. Right now If I want to fly IFR having a full screen of detailed clouds really kills frame rates. I've also got used to the detail of the PMDG range so I want to be able to fly those kind of aircraft in their virtual cockpits with decent frame rates with detailed clouds/scenery.

If they can crack the performance issues like they did with Windows 7/Vista all of people would be very happy. When its released it should run WELL on a current spec machine, not run average on a top end box like FSX did when it was new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭TW Mr Tayto

A worthwhile training heli....
    I understand the complexities of rotary aerodynamics, and putting them into a game; but when they can't even get the start sequence right: then can't get the manifold pressure gauge (power management/ rpm gauge equivalent for fixed wing minds :P) to work after TWO service packs.... it's embarrassing.
    Can I scream VFR? If utex can do it right; couldn't Microsoft fit something around the same kind of thing (assuming there is a patent on the other tech.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

A worthwhile training heli....
    I understand the complexities of rotary aerodynamics, and putting them into a game; but when they can't even get the start sequence right: then can't get the manifold pressure gauge (power management/ rpm gauge equivalent for fixed wing minds :P) to work after TWO service packs.... it's embarrassing.
    Can I scream VFR? If utex can do it right; couldn't Microsoft fit something around the same kind of thing (assuming there is a patent on the other tech.)

http://www.dodosim.com/ ;)

For VFR have a look at http://fullterrain.com/ . Nothing for EU from them as yet. You can also incorporate G**gle Maps satellite imagery for free using http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭IrishB.ie

3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    3D

eh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

A free 172 and the funds for a PPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    A free 172 and the funds for a PPL.