Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accommodation in waterford....

Options
  • 29-01-2011 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I know their may be a lot of threads on student accommodation in waterford but the few i have read through just confused me more:mad:

I'm nearly certain of attending WIT next september so i want to sort out accom early.Ideally i want accom close to town so i won't have to go to far when going out but not too far from the college either.

Not essential but would like internet access:)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

manor village

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StevenGuiry

I was Thinking about manor first but after reading some posts on this about the "State" of the appartments i'm not so sure:mad:

I was Thinking about manor first but after reading some posts on this about the "State" of the appartments i'm not so sure:mad:
    there are no other accomodations then, riverwalk (+ not owned by college, no bus + long walk) is worse, and college fields is on campus, railway square is pretty good tho but again not affiliated with the college, u gotta arrange it yourself, i would take railway square over all of them, except you need to pay for your own bus (its a long walk, no college bus service unlike manor)

why do you want to go to WIT? theres better colleges out there too.

I.T's are best for the course i'm doing.I was thinkin of goin CIT but decided against it.

I.T's are best for the course i'm doing.I was thinkin of goin CIT but decided against it.
    im guessing its engineering, if its mechanical dont do it in waterford, its a level 8 course, but its not recognised as a proper level 8 course like the CIT/DIT one by engineers ireland (i didnt know this when i applied lol :/ so i got screwed)

• Advertisement

No its not mechanical.Electronic or civil engineering, i'm applying for both:) Anyone else have any ideas about accommodation?

No its not mechanical.Electronic or civil engineering, i'm applying for both:) Anyone else have any ideas about accommodation?
    electronic in WIT is pretty good, dont know about civil :), electronic is fully recognised by engineers ireland

you can always share privately... place called templars hall, alotta college students live there :) check it out on daft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Manor Village is not the worst, it can loud on Wednesdays but sure that's student night loike.
    It's close to town and college and has internet.
    Just don't get on the bad side of the bitchy receptionist.
    She will have revenge.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

With respect, we have multiple threads on this and the views wont change much. So if you don't have a specific question that isn't answered elsewhere, it would be best you read over the other topics which have everything covered.

Sorry to be a pain in the backside, but it gets on peoples nerves repeating the same answers over-and-over! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 iNigel

No no no no no .. manor village is alright for first years so they get a chance to suss out the place but really the best place is Aylesbury Manor .. Security are sound, no inspections it's only 75 a week that includes internet, tv and bins .. only thing ya have t pay is the electricity .........

Obviously the best option would be to get a house with some friends but wait till 2nd year when your wise to the area before you go off getting a house

• Advertisement

@sully...Well i have looked over most of them and no offence but you seem to be at the centre of most of them so i'm just looking for other peoples views on it:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

@sully...Well i have looked over most of them and no offence but you seem to be at the centre of most of them so i'm just looking for other peoples views on it:)

Thanks, but there have been other replies from additional people also. I'm a student in WIT, living in Waterford, so I would know most of the Student Accommodation through friends. It hasn't changed. You don't need to take my word for it, other people gave their views also.

Its the repetitive topics (and people complaining I don't close them!) asking about accommodation that is why ill be closing this, as its nothing specific. Read over the others and ignore my posts to get an insight into it.

Something specific? Ask away in an existing topic.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement