Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the blaa and up the deise

• 29-01-2011 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

internet is not the same wiithout them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

They have Blaas on the internet now? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Think you have that the wrong way around there kid. Mad Blaa (the forum, not the user) was a scumfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Do you know him personally? Don't see how you can be so hostile to him from the Up the Deise site.

He promoted the flag festival (which hopefully will be successful), and there were some interesting things on the site such as Waterford's Characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

The Mad Blaa was terrible ... absolutly no intelligent input & just lots of abuse.

UpTheDeise did tend to get carried away at times but Cian/Wellboy did his best with it & there are not many people who have organised a festival from scratch that could be a mojor tourism boost for Waterford.

www.1848tricolour.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

That's harsh, if everyone had his passion and enthuasim to improve and promote the county we would be living in a better place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madblaa

He couldn't handle the "pressure", my credit card was just maxed out and couldn't pay to keep mad-blaa alive, it may come back, would love to bring it back actually in the format it was always supposed to be, something like what http://www.waterfordwhispersnews.com/ is now. And he started on www.mad-blaa.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Fair enough if you and the goons on your website just don't like the chap but the personal abuse towards him was and is pathetic. What was your site all about then? Any time I went on it there were more threads with creeps attacking Cian than anything else. Remember that RIP business? Rest of the threads were garbage too, no decent discussions, which there was plenty of on UTD. I saw a post about the Fairy Tree on Facebook the other day, nothing to do with Cian but some prick had a go at him for no reason. Sad cunts would wanna get a life for themselves.

Who cares?,Mad-blaa ,up the Deise , Boards, WWN, cant we all just get along ;)

And WWN is by far better than any of them sites :p

Who cares?,Mad-blaa ,up the Deise , Boards, WWN, cant we all just get along ;)

And WWN is by far better than any of them sites :p

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

G'wan madblaa boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Some people could do with a bit of cop on in here.

G'wan madblaa boy!

An de bawel boi!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Jesus what a train wreck of a thread.

Personal abuse is not permitted on Boards. Bans/Infractions will be given to anyone who ignores the simplest of internet forum rules.

I could never understand why the two boys kept snipping at each other, but it wont be started on this forum. We don't permit abuse of others, or slandering others.

So with respect, have some cop on and respect how Boards.ie operates. You guys might be used to different, but this site doesn't operate in the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Diluted

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

So with respect, have some cop on and respect how Boards.ie operates. You guys might be used to different, but this site doesn't operate in the same way.

Pity it dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

dam tyskie's,,cant belive i posted this thread last night lol, i didnt mean to cause a **** storm among posters here,i only wanted to say theres a lack of waterford sites as using boards daily is gettin a bit much and too routine,used to like the others as they were a laugh and in fairness to blaa if ya took it seriously ya shouldnt be near a computer in the 1st place,probaly better off with a telescope or something,bit ott with the bannings aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

totally OTT with the ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that there isn't arguing with a mod decision on thread, if there is anyone who has a problem PM us. this is the only warnIng as far as I'm concerned. Thanks all.

What happened to the two sites anyway?,all I remember from them is they were full of ads,I know I registered on them but never posted on either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

internet is not the same wiithout them

If you're looking for brilliant forum posts just keep an eye out for my posts and threads on here....

I run things around here now and can assure you ths is the only forum you need, if you've any questions PM me.

NPW

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Diluted wrote: »
    Pity it dont

Not really, to be fair. Most people prefer Boards the way it is, and its not us (the forum mods) which dictate how it runs either.

A site like Boards cant say and do what they like - much higher chance of legal action being taken (not the first time, nor will it be the last - even in its current format) against the site owners. Smaller sites get away with it more, because they are ignored by the large majority of people. Boards isn't.

Just something many don't realise when they come from the smaller sites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Sully wrote: »
    Not really, to be fair. Most people prefer Boards the way it is, and its not us (the forum mods) which dictate how it runs either.

A site like Boards cant say and do what they like - much higher chance of legal action being taken (not the first time, nor will it be the last - even in its current format) against the site owners. Smaller sites get away with it more, because they are ignored by the large majority of people. Boards isn't.

Just something many don't realise when they come from the smaller sites.

I agree with Sully.

Take politics.ie as an example. It has hardly any moderation leading repetitive non-sense threads; several thread on the same topic; and by page 2 everything descends into personal abuse.

Some moderators on boards.ie are a bit OTT (not on this Forum of course, lick lick) but overall if you are reasonably polite you don't get banned.

dayshah wrote: »
    I agree with Sully.

Take politics.ie as an example. It has hardly any moderation leading repetitive non-sense threads; several thread on the same topic; and by page 2 everything descends into personal abuse.

Some moderators on boards.ie are a bit OTT (not on this Forum of course, lick lick) but overall if you are reasonably polite you don't get banned.

Heres a facecloth Dayshah so you can wipe all that brown stuff off your nose :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Heres a facecloth Dayshah so you can wipe all that brown stuff off your nose :p

You're cleaning house around here lately RC, you're the second best poster on here IMO, keep it up.....

NPW

seanybiker wrote: »
    Waterfordwhispersnews.com is class and is gonna get even funnier. He has a few ideas floating around which will be excellent when he gets cracking on them.
    I actually nearly got sick laughing last night reading all the news. Very clever and hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Aruba08 wrote: »
    I actually nearly got sick laughing last night reading all the news. Very clever and hilarious
    I put the link about gilligan posting himself out of prison up on my Facebook page a while back and one of the girls I know up the country thought it was real. Added it to failbook and all.

I posted the one about the man in portlaw charged with sorcery after his wife had multiple orgasms.....funniest thing i have read in a while.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Didn't see that one. Haven't checked it in a while. Must have a gander

Yep WNN is the future,wait and see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

newportwex wrote: »
    You're cleaning house around here lately RC, you're the second best poster on here IMO, keep it up.....

NPW

I was gonna put you on ignore but I think I'll wait a while, posters like you usually go out in a blaze of glory much to the amusement of everyone else.

Would you not have been better off picking a more active section of the forum to carry out your WUM antics than a section of the forum on the discussions of small local area?

• Advertisement

I have a question to ask,and it is a question not an argument or anything to do with a mod decision,its just something i have noticed on this thread. Yesterday "abouttobebanned" was given an infraction for a post he made, post#4.Now i just looked and he edited the post last night and the infraction is gone. I have read through the charter to see if this is allowed but i cant see anything regarding it.If it is allowed please ignore the rest of the post.

Now my question is,if a BM makes a post that a mod regards as breaking the charter,but then a BM contacts the mod to explain the post,and the mod says he/she will remove the infarction if the BM will edit it to clarify what he meant to say.Because if that is the case then i think a couple of people on this thread should also be given the chance to explain there post,and have there infraction removed.

I was going to PM a mod about this but i think it should be discussed with the BM's on this forum,because if anyone was looking at this they would probably think that it wasn't just the BM breaking the charter.

Advertisement