Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maschine 1.6 Update VST support

Options
  • 29-01-2011 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

So now you can run vsts through maschine on standalone. Its pretty amazing.

Anyways was wondering if anyone can recommend some good vsts? A nice fat sounding one that uses subtrative synthesis would be nice, also an fm synth and possibly some crazy effect plugins?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'm looking forward to this update but I haven't been using Maschine as much as I should. It's actually not as easy to get to grips with imo as others have said, at least initially, but it is an amazing product no doubt.

It's a really good, well integrated controller for Traktor as well so I can see myself getting some more use out of that aspect of it.

About plugins, I reckon Kontakt would be a good VST for it as you could timestretch samples with it in the Maschine environment. However, I hope timestretching is included in Maschine in a future update. Loads have been calling out for it!

Sorry, I can't recommend any synths yet. I'll have to test out some and see how they work in Maschine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

steve, get imposcar. or the minimonsta.

or the arturia stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

flyswatter wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this update but I haven't been using Maschine as much as I should. It's actually not as easy to get to grips with imo as others have said, at least initially, but it is an amazing product no doubt.

really?????? It literally takes two hours for complete mastery if you just watch the official youtube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

http://www.kvraudio.com/db/2303 - Poly Ana

Really fat, analogue sounding synth. Great for basses. Can set it to very high quality modes as well.

I like NI Massive these days as well for digital, harsh basses / leads but its very over used so maybe thats a reason not to use it.

Any of Rob Papen's stuff is generally good too. Blue and Predator are both great.

jtsuited wrote: »
    really?????? It literally takes two hours for complete mastery if you just watch the official youtube videos.

I'm decent enough at it but I wouldn't be a complete master :)

I'm good at chopping samples and putting beats together. I find it hard to build a complete track with it though. I'd imagine you've put more time into it than I have. I seem to remember you told me where to buy it in Ireland. Aquarius Music in Celbridge. Got it from there. Thanks for that. The staff were really friendly too.

Maybe you could give me a few lessons ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Fat Sounding: U-HE Ace, Fxpansion Synth Squad, XILS
    FM: FM8
    Crazy FX: U-HE Uhbik, Soundtoys, Sugarbytes Artillery/Effectrix, Audiodamage Plugins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Anima wrote: »
    Any of Rob Papen's stuff is generally good too. Blue and Predator are both great.

Rob Papens synths automatically remember any midi mapping you assign to them, which is brilliant.
    Albino is probably my favourite. It's great for silky VA subtractive stuff. Predator is kinda geared towards aggressive sounds. YMMV.

I need to start deleting synths I don't need. To be honest I haven't learned even Sytrus fully and that synth is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I want a Maschine !!!

Advertisement