Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Heaney, any one know him?

• 29-01-2011 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi my dad was James "Jimmy" Heaney, he lived in limerick city and died there as a result of a RTA on January 29th 1999.

He lived in Manchester i think in the 1970s and had 2 children there and divorced and moved home and got remarried and had 3 more here.

does any one remember him?? any one know him in the day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Do you know what part of the city he lived in, it might help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

May or may not be of use to you, but there are/were Heaneys in Kennedy Park, and I think there would have been three kids in the family, all of whom would be adults now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Mc Love wrote: »
    Do you know what part of the city he lived in, it might help?

Jimmy was my dad we all live in southhill and keyes park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

i don't know if it's of any help to you but i remember a lad by the name of heaney in cbs back in late 80's early nineties i think he was from the janesboro area, he would have done the leaving cert in '93, maybe a relative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

tico1300 wrote: »
    i don't know if it's of any help to you but i remember a lad by the name of heaney in cbs back in late 80's early nineties i think he was from the janesboro area, he would have done the leaving cert in '93, maybe a relative

Might be the same family I am thinking of.

• Advertisement

ya there is a family in kennedy park they have some sons and daughters one is mike and and the other is joe (he died a few years ago)

no my dad was living in Burke ave his sister is birdie and his brothers are ger (in uk) and mike.

Jimmy was my dad died on 29 jan 1999

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Am i the only one wondering why he is asking if anyone knew him?

My ex's parents live in Burke Ave and have done for years so most likely knew him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What age would he have been, Tony?

Chances are, if he was old enough, most of the people who knew him might not be casual Internet users.

well at last count when he died i think 57 when he was alive. i have very few pics of him and no background.

I know i could ask his sister but i live to far away for a casual chat so thought some people here may know him, but ya 57 before he passed he used to work for PBC pat Burke builders one time and used to enjoy the many odd pints

Is there something in particular you want to know about him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

tonyheaney wrote: »
    ya there is a family in kennedy park they have some sons and daughters one is mike and and the other is joe (he died a few years ago)

no my dad was living in Burke ave his sister is birdie and his brothers are ger (in uk) and mike.

Jimmy was my dad died on 29 jan 1999

those heaneys are my boyfriends family and are if no relation

they are in fact related the father and my grandmother are related, are you mikes partner? i used to be in the FCA with Joe rest his soul and we worked in quinsworth

This is a weird thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

they are in fact related the father and my grandmother are related, are you mikes partner? i used to be in the FCA with Joe rest his soul and we worked in quinsworth

pm sent tony

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Keep personal details to Private Messages, please.

i will do, i am however trying to find out about my father who was killed 12 years ago today

cheers

nothing weird mate im just searching the net tio see if any one new my dad he died a few years ago and dont no much about his life and hoping to see if any one in limerick new him

Melion wrote: »
    Am i the only one wondering why he is asking if anyone knew him?

My ex's parents live in Burke Ave and have done for years so most likely knew him
    like i said he was my dad and died due to a RTA just seeing if anyone knew him

The people i mentioned earlier in the thread did know him

• Advertisement

HI mod

I know this link is old now but i just wanted to know if i could update it? as i never got what i was after?

HI its been 2 and a half years since i opened this topic and wandered if any one could still help?

Melion wrote: »
    This is a weird thread

how is this weird? i know very little about my dad and wandered if any one out there knew him? :confused:

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Have you tried getting in touch with local papers?

yes but for some odd reason i cant find anything he was very well known mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

yes but for some odd reason i cant find anything he was very well known mind

Can you give us a bit more info? What part of Limerick was he from? How do you know he was well known?

zulutango wrote: »
    Can you give us a bit more info? What part of Limerick was he from? How do you know he was well known?

He was James "Jimmy" Heaney late of 37 rose court Keyes park, manchester Uk and Bourke Avenue, Limerick City,

I know he moved to the UK and had t kids and then divorced and moved back and was remarried and had 3 more kids me being the eldest.

He was always saying hey mucker and hi cock how are you and was also saluted every single second lol

Worked for PBC contractors for a while in limerick,

I remember he drank in Rashers pub limerick city.

This is him on the far right: 1qjs46.jpg

and here 11cgsg2.jpg pic taken in 1990s.

he was 58 when he died in January 1999

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Have you ever came to Limerick?You could ask around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I think the OP lives in Limerick.
    He has already mentioned that hinmself and his siblings live in the Roxboro area.

Advertisement