Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Activation code

• 29-01-2011 3:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Long story short my mother was conned into buying broadband by an Eircom salesman by getting her signed up for broadband.
    So when I told her to cancel it (after 40 mins on the phone and long annoying convo's) she was asked for her landline phone number or activation number. Which she doesn't have or has eircom provided one yet.

Now the eircom router came in the post today but activation code is still not in the box?
    Are they pulling the piss or am I blind not to find it?

Cause I can't find it on the contract copy or the box.
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Send in a formal complaint to eircom ( through the website) if you are not given a complaint ref number straight away then set Comreg on them immediately, info@comreg.ie

If given a formal ref number they will usually deal with it, she is entitled to cancel ( no charge) straight out within 7 days if sold the product by phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It was sold by door to door salesman. I told him the last time we didn't want Eircom. But he managed to find my mother on her own this time. She rang them and kept a ref number.
    Either way cancelation dept closed now

Advertisement